Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Oh what a question

We camp independantly and travel right to the med on the first day sharing the driving as it's so relaxed on the French Autoroutes

But you said North so try Britanny Especially around Carnac/Quiberon

We've been to Conquel and Grand Metairie also heard good stuff about Les Menhirs

dip your toes in the water you WILL go year after year as compared to rob-dog English sites these are brill

Try Interpals in Spain too
there are reviews on here and on my website
We stayed at Carnac Des Menhirs with Eurocamp this summer and we loved it. It's 2 minutes from the beach (on foot), 5 minutes walk from the resort centre and 10 minutes walk to a big supermarket. The site itself has pools with slides and there is also a tennis court and veryday they run activities in the afternoon and evening. The afternoon activities often included things like sea kayaking which would probably appeal to your teenager. It also has a bar and takeaway on site but there are lots of bars in the centre. The area is great for cycling and there are various cycle hire shops dotted round the town.

Our older daughter has just turned 6 and the Kids Club that Keycamp and Eurocamp jointly run (they're part of the same company) was great for her. The mornings were mainly geared round crafts and board games but the afternoons were much more sport oriented. I was quite impressed with how the kids club was organised and the fact that they insisted on every child bringing a sun hat and a drink with them to every session.

We've now stayed on 10 different sites with Eurocamp and on the sites where Keycamp are also there the two groups of reps muck in and work together cleaning, etc. We've never had a problem with dirty accommodation. My only advice with accommodation is that you make sure you get a caravan with mosquito nets on the windows. Some of the cheaper Keycamp ones don't.
Another excellent campsite is Camping Des Ormes in Dol de Bretagne. There is so much to do on the site from Golf, Paintballing, Pony trekking, archery, football etc and kids clubs for all ages. Entertainment is second to none. If you're there the first Sunday in July, when their summer season officially starts, you even get a fireworks display.

Nearby are Mont St Michel and the wonderful town of St Malo.

We've spent two summer holidays here and cannot recommend it too highly.
The Swordsman - I'm pleased to see your positive review of Chateau Des Ormes. We're booked for next summer and I've seen some mixed reviews on the site. We were attracted by the number of interesting places round about to visit and booked on that basis but then I saw very mixed reviews. We'll be there from the end of June, just before school breaks up here in Scotland, so we'll be there for the fireworks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.