General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
kids holiday
7 Posts
Hi Curtis1947
We went to magaluf last october(not the crazy season july/august) It was lovely and hot everyday( in high 80's).
We do have a 16yr old but he finds going abroad with his parents boring anyway(he would rather stay here with his mates) so i cant really advise about teenages (although there were lots and they seemed to enjoying themselves) Our two little ones were 6 and 8 at the time and they loved it! The water park (western water world) was brilliant (for adults and children alike) so your teens would be catered for there, They also have shows on at this water park which are brilliant fun (especially if you sit in the splash zone).
Pritates is also a family show thats really good too.You pay at the door and you get your food and drinks free all night (wine and pop) think its about 3 euro for a big jug of lager ( cant remember how many pints is in it) :hmmm :glynis
Also there is marineland,This has a dolphin show, parrot show and you can walk around and see all different kinds of fish( which you can touch) and birds. THey also have a pool with slide for the kids (little ones)
Hope this helps
goodluck in finding the perfect holiday
Kerrie
just has to be one of the Canary islands...In Tenerife i would suggest Atlantida, cheap and cheerful in Los Cristianos. You can get 2 bedded apartments, and it is self catering but there are plenty of cheap eating houses nearby that cater for a variety of tastes. In Lanza, i would always go for Costa Teguise.. a little quieter than PDC, but that just what we like
(we have 2 teenagers and they love it) and Gran Canaria is great too. We stayed in Taurito which is a bit pricey but for fun fun fun i would say Puerto Rico will have something for everyone. The canary islands usually have all year round sunshine and we have been to all 3 of those islands many times at various times during the year and we have only ever had bad weather once (a tropical storm that the natives said was the worst for 10 years).
Salou has Universal Studios type theme park and water parks. Benidorm also has theme park, Terramitica, and water park.
I was going to recommend Port Aventura just outside Salou as well. The theme park hotels are expensive, but if you go to the Costa Dorada forum on here, there are recommendations for cheaper hotels and the best deals on theme park tickets. There are a couple of water parks as well and the flight is only 2 hours.

Also you can get to Barcelona on the train/bus, which some teenagers see as a cool place to visit. You need to check the weather reports though, we went in Aug/Sept and it was fine, But I'm not sure how hot October will be.
Benidorm also has theme park, Terramitica, and water park.

Yes, this is true, but please bare in mind that the Theme Parks in Benidorm tend to close at the end of the main season....around about mid October I think. The Water...the main one Aqualandia has always been closed in october when I have been to Benidorm at that time of year.

Terra Mittica may also only be open at weekends in October. The poster would be best to check with the parks in advance to save dissapointment.
I've just had as thought as a result of BHIC's post. It would be worth checking if Port Aventura is open year round as well as I'm not 100% sure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.