Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Kings Beer ....
28 Posts
Well in November my friends thought the same. They said that the Kings in the black bottles were ok but the ones in the clear glass bottles tasted funny. I just kept on guzzling whatever was put infront of me and told them they were imagining it, but perhaps not. I'll do a bit more tasting for you in a few weeks time and report back :cheers
This year I heard a few reports of stomach pain/bloating with it
funny you should say that noggin we always keep a box full of kings in the room
but in nov past I was so sick for a few days but I put it down to a bad meal one night
but a few people ate that night with us and no one else was ill only me .....i do remember
saying to my hubby that the kings just was not the same as it was last year .....wonder was that
what made me so sick :que :que ...colleen
i thought it tasted different in dec :( .so i drank kingfisher
just back a week, think lot botttles out date, we drank bud no problems.
You find a lot of the pop(cola,fanta,sprite,seven up,limca) they are all out of date ...wonder if this is why they are cheap? :cheers
Don't most bottles have only a manufactured date?
Big neil i'm not sure about that but will check that out very soon..
They said that the Kings in the black bottles were ok but the ones in the clear glass bottles tasted funny

The guys in our party all said exactly the same. Black bottles tasted ok clear ones not. I said they were imagining it but maybe there is some truth in it now you say :que
I'm not 100p/c sure. i was always looking at the date on anything i bought in India and it always seemed to be manufactured date.
That's correct Neil , it's always the manufactured date.
Been the same the last few years with the taste - some bottles are fine others have a very strong 'hoppy' taste, I could never stand kingfisher, but now in the smaller bottles I tend to swap if I get bad tasting Kings.
I got a mouth infection in december and doc put it down to something I had been drinking. It used to get worse whenever I drank honeybee or kings (which was most days !). When I went back in feb a Goan friend of mine told me that he only drinks the dark kings because the other one tastes bad and another friend told me that Kings is "dirty" beer and has lots of impurities in it. I swapped it for kingfisher and swapped the honeybee for vodka and no more infection. Who knows
Even my diehard Goan kings drinkers have moved on to Kingfisher since it went odd about the end of last season. Some even drinking Bud!

Sonofscouse
Friends of mine who went early December said the same, one of them is a publican and he reckons they were past their selly by, they switched to Budweiser or Fosters, very strange :que
Friend of mine always asks for Kingfisher in a brown bottle. :cheers

He reckons that the sunlight reacts with the beer in clear bottles, and makes them taste weird. :think
My Kings is never on the bar/table long enough for the sun to attack it :rofl ...jxk8
we've just come back my husband and brother always drink kingfisher and my sister-in-law and i always have kings.this time i noticed the kings tasted different,it was heavy going and had smokey sort of taste so i switched to kingfisher-much more refreshing!
The problem with Kingfisher is the glycerine that goes into the production of it. You can see it seperate when it gets warm....yuk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.