Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Koh Samui
8 Posts
Koh Samui is not really a place for big time shopping. There are plenty fashion shops and the usual tat ones but I really can't remember electronics. Now BKK is a different matter.........!
The Samui online magazine is great for recommendations and restaurant and bar guides.
Expect £10 - £15 per couple for a first class dinner with a couple ( or more) drinks. You can pay less than that of course. Taxis were cheap when we were there- try the songthaews for a laugh and never accept the first price they give! We were 70p a couple of years ago on a songthaew to the other side of the island (although this was each :lol: ). Prices are dearer at night- but not worth worrying over.
Have a look at the airport! Bet you've never seen one like before!
I have asked for your hotel to be added to our hotel reviews so hopefully someone can review it for us.
ks
Fiona, enjoyed the online mag, will be able to get a copy in hotel ?
Yes - you should. Infact - you'll prob get at the airport on arrival.
:) Thanks for your help, I forgot to ask about the power adaptors? What kind of power sockets are in use in Thailand and are UK adopters availiable localy?
great site here for all round the world. Thailand is type A and C.
Thanks thats a usefull site!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.