Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I think maybe a lot of Greek airports are similar. Last couple of years went ot Skiathos and each time going home we were queing outside the airport for over an hour in the sun. When we finally got inside it was another 40 mins to get to check in then another 3 lines of people trying to get through passport control. All the coaches seem to come in at the same time and it was hell! We got into the departure lounge just as flight was being called! So it was just over 2 half hours to get that far!! Not put us off though as we're going again in 3 weeks, but this time may get a taxi to airport and see if we can beat the que's - but i doubt it as they dont' seem organised enough and the airport is quite small. Enjoy your hol just be prepared for the home journey!! cheers Jan
Has anyone ever missed a flight because of the queues?

My philosophy is that if I stick with the TO transfer I'm not going to miss my flight and I'd find sitting in the departure lounge just as boring as standing in a queue so why bother getting there early!

I'd rather queue for 2 hours but have longer in the resort than queue for 30 minutes but sit in the airport for the last 4 hours of my holiday.

But then I don't have kids!
please post questions in this thread for what to do/where to go /how to get to/ where to eat/ etc in this thread

thanks wizard
Hi Wizard,

I understand from the FC info and previous new build holidays that they are in the middle of nowhere, but how far is Tingaki by taxi, cost ect; and also Kos Town
Another question please Wizard,
What's the mozi population like of an evening in the Tingaki area - high, medium or low? as I do find the little blighters troublesome during the twilight hours.
Hi CTaylor, the mozzies have not been a big problem in the past when we have stayed in Tingaki. Taking the usual precautions you should be OK. As for the distance from Tingaki, it is roughly 4KM whic hwill probably cost around 4 Euros in a taxi.
Hi all
off to kefalos in september, and was thinking of using the going places prepaid visa card, only i looked on the travelex website and the nearest machine is in cos town 31 miles away, as i dont intend driving, this is no good for me, anyone know if there is a machine in kefalos that will take the travelex card, cheers all.

Gray
the theory goes if it has the VISA logo then you can use it in any visa atm.
to find an atm use the visa atm finder ... link on page 1 of the atm thread in the general enquiries forum

wizard
As Wizard says if the card has a Visa logo it should work in any ATM with the Visa sign. There are two ATMs' in the resort, one about half way along the main road and the other just across the road from the Galinis Taverna close to Antonis hotel. These don't always work because they run out fairly quick. However there is an ATM at the bank up in Kefalos village which has never let us down.

Andy.
Thanks for your help chaps, i will just do some checking with the travel agent before i go for it, my wife would have a great honeymoon with no money :)
good points ?
bad points ?
is it good for kids ?
:D
My son is 9 and he loved it last year - we are going again for 2 weeks on 19th July. On the North of the Island it is hot but there is a lovely breeze. Kardemena is apparently like Blackpool in the sun - so we avoided that part.

Mastachari, Tingaki and Kos Town are lovely. Beautiful scenery around island. 2 waterparks now. Plenty of trips available if thats your thing.
hi im just wondering how much a taxi will cost from airport to ABC
kos
Hi Spadge! We've been to Kos twice -first time to Kos Town 2nd to Kardamena. We hired motorcycles both times and went all round the island. I can honestly say all the resorts are good - including Kardamena. Pick your accommodation carefully as Kos is not like the Costas where there's stuff for kids everywhere,although the people are very child friendly. The weather is great and there are some stunning beaches.
Is it true this waterpark is now closed???
hi all

what are beer/wine and food prices like compared to the uk, ive had a look around and cant seem to get a definitive answer, also, do they do any kind of cider.
hi Looney ! Haven't been for 2 years but the prices then for food and drink were slightly cheaper than here. It has got more expensive since the demise of the drachma. Prices will vary a lot between waterside restaurants and the cafes and restaurants in the side streets. It all depends what you want. My daughter's a cider drinker and as far as she can remember its imported strongbow etc in bottles which tended to be expensive. Hope this is of some help.
went last year,cheaper on the edge of the resort,a bit cheaper than the uk about £1.80 a pint
Hello everyone. Has anyone stayed at these apartments in Kefalos, Kos. I have been to Kefalos approximately six times now but have never heard of these apartments/studios.where are they located and how far from the harbour area are they. Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.