Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
welcome to the Greek forums of HT

can you please give further details of the hotel name and who you booked with, we have nothing under this name, and i havent found anything in the crete hotel listings either

wizard

edit spelling mistake :whoops

any members able to offer a recent review please post HERE

thanks
Hi Wizard, Yes this is the following information.
Kosma Sun Apartments (Not Kosmar)
Annissaras
Nr Hersonnissos

Travelling with Olympic Holidays
thats the only one i could find :duh sorry we do not have any reviews yet for this one :que

wizard
Hi Beachlizard

I stayed at the Kosma Sun last August on a little "Shirley Valentine" vacation I treated myself too....I thoroughly enjoyed it. The apartments are simple but spotless, the two brothers who run it are extremely friendly and helpful, the pool are is peaceful and clean although there was an issue with the number of loungers available to guest last year (it was their first year with a British tour operator and I think Olympic planned to pull them up on certain things like this for future seasons). Air conditioning was 50 euros I think for the week, the safe was in reception for all your valuables (rather than in your apartment). Poolside snack bar, great local bottled beer (mythos) went down nicely in the afternoon.... :tup There were a few families with 12-18 year olds there in the week I went (summer hols after all) and luckily they were all fantastic - its the kind of pool that you can chat away to folks and make friends if you want, but if you fancy a quiet day louging about you wont be bothered. I would request a hillside view room, very relaxing and the other side of the apartments are poolside which can restrict your balcony privacy.

I'd been to Anissaras earlier in the year with my 3 year old and my folks but we stayed in the Knossos Royal Village (a friends wedding which unfortunately was cancelled, but we went anyway) This place is very luxurious and frequented with rich Russians - not in my budget sadly! You can go there as a non-resident in the evening if you want to live the high life - but your bar bill will reflect that :cheers

Anissaras is quiet and civilised - with enough tavernas to keep you going for a week, really. As I say, I travelled alone and as a 30-something female I was so impressed that I didn't get any hassle from any of the locals, and there wasn't a "Brits Abroad" feel to the holidaymakers who were there either. I could go to the beach (no beach sellers that I witnessed) have a spot of lunch in one of the tavernas that face the beach without feeling a) like a leper or b) like a piece of meat.

As I was familiar with Hersonissos I happily visited a few nights during my stay (about 10 euros in a cab from the apartments) and even 3 months on from my previous visit I was welcomed like an old friend by many of the restaurant staff we encountered before. It was really something. I know that's how they make their living but somehow it felt sincere. Hersonissos is a bustling town, a bit seasidey for me but there are some great restaurants by the waterfront which would be a shame to miss. Just be in and out of there by 10pm which is when the night-owls emerge and the clubs kick in!

I've waffled a bit - sorry, if there is anything specific you would like to ask please do. Just one last thing, I don't think I've ever been on a holiday where the owner of my apartments and his girlfriend take me out to their favourite bar to meet their friends and have a taste of the real Greece.........just one example of how well I was treated
I have pics if you want me to email you any...... Beth. :sun2
Thank you so much Beth, for your write up on Anissaras and the Kosma Sun Apts. Really looking forward to Sept, would really appreciate it if you could send me via e-mail some photos, is there a 2 ring cooker in the apts? forgot to ask Olympic Holidays. I am just looking forward to peace & quiet and total relaxation............'fraid my party days are over!!
Thank you once again for being so kind to reply much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.