Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Krabi or Phuket
4 Posts
What a predicament - both Phuket and Krabi are lovely. Whichever you decide maybe do the other one another time and combine it with longer in Bangkok?
If it's a choice between Kata and Karon I prefer Kata - it's not so spread out as Karon. Patong is great in the evening for eating, shopping, etc. but both of the K's are near enough to travel in. Alternatively, if you decide to stay in Patong it is easy to get to other beaches during the day by songthaew - try a different one each day!
Patong...far to busy for my liking....actually so are Karon and Kata these days...but of the three I would go for Kata...lovely beach, plenty of bars and restaurants.

If you want a quiet beach in Phuket you could consider Nai Thon...its quiet, in fact the quietest resort I've been too in Thailand. One 3 star hotel, and a handful of beach bars and restaurants, and smaller resorts.

Krabi's spectacular, but most of the beaching is done by taking trips to outlying islands...since you are going to Phi-Phi which is in Krabi province anyway you'll get a feel for the area.
Aftre much swithering, we are doing Bangkok, Phuket then Krabi at New year. Can't wait!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.