Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi

We did both those trips and booked them via reception at the hotel, both included transport there and back and both were guided tours, highly recommended, enjoyed both of them.

Polly
Hi

There are 9 of us going to Krakow the first weekend in December and we are looking for somewhere for us all to go for a meal.

Can anybody recommend anywhere?
We loved Ariel in the Kazimeirz area (old Jewish Quarter). It does Jewish food and some nights they have a concert with Yiddish musicians. Our meal their for 2 of us was about £27 for 3 courses, coffees, a bottle of wine and including the 20 zloti per head concert charge.
Hi! We're thinking of going to Krakow between the 8th & 12th December for my 50th birthday. Has anyone been at this time of year? and can you recommend any central accommodation, it doesn't have to be top class, just clean with a decent breakfast. Thanks
Hi Helen, our visit to Krakow was at the end of December and we had a lot of snow! My report and link to some pictures is about half way down page 1 of this thread. We didn't end up staying at this hotel but a friend did and said it is very good:

http://www.senacki.krakow.pl
Spent 4 nights in Krakow 5th - 9th this month, & absolutely loved it! Stayed 100 yards or so from the Square (Hotel Floryan), an excellent location, within easy walking distance for loads of great bars & restaurants. (Most very reasonably priced :) )

We got to Auschwitz by public bus (think it was about £3 each return). On foot we saw Jewish Quarter, Castle, Schindlers Factory, & the football stadium.

We were going to go to the Salt Mines on our last full day, but because the wheather was so good, we decided to skip it - something to do on our next visit! :wink:

Would go back anytime, if anyone's got room in their case, & wants a pretty ropey tour guide. :P
Thanks Drewster, will check out that hotel - are you puting a review in the review section?
We're hoping to go next Apr/May (see what cheapie flights we can get on easyjet!)
Any particular restautants you'd recommend?
Will try to put a review in, but there isn't much more to say except a frilly version of "great location/ decent price/ very friendly staff - no problems at all.

& thanks for the reminder, it's got a great resaurant in the cellar as well. :wink: Pizza speciality, but they do have a full menu. You also get 10% discount off your bill if you're a resident. :)

Can't remember the names of most restaurants, but we never ate any further away than the main square. Either somewhere on the hotel street, or one of the streets either side. Any amount to chose, we had a couple of Italian, & a Polish.

Would only give the normal advice for the price orientated. Most (not all) on the main square charge more, particularly those with the staff in dickie-bows etc. Harrys Live Piano Jazz Bar did great snacks in the afternoons, to sit over & people watch.

Also should have said for the benefit of the ladies, there is a massive shopping center (Galleria) at the bus/ train station, where you can spend literally hours (believe me, I know! :x )
You can do a lot of homework on restaurants at this site:
http://www.cracow-life.com/eat/restaurants.php

We stayed in Kazimierz and tended therefore to eat there in the evenings. The good thing about eating there is it is considerably cheaper than anywhere near the main square but then again, there isn't anywhere that is really expensive in Krakow.

If in Kazimierz then I cannot recommend Pepe Rosso, ul. Kupa 15, just off ul. Josefa, highly enough. You may have to book though because this is beautiful Italian food (with Polish dishes too) at extremely cheap prices. If you want to go bargain basement cheap with huge servings too then try Fabryka, ul. Jozefa 34.
Could someone recommend a hotel in Krakow for no more than £50 per room per night? I'm not look for something posh, just in a good location for getting about with a comfy bed and ensuite bathroom.
Thanks
Just booked a last minute break to Krakow going on the 26th and I was wondering if it is possible to just walk into a dentists or do you need to pre book from the uk, thanks for any replies.
Hi puddleduck2! We've booked the Campanile with travelres.co.uk, for 4 nights from the 8th Dec - total cost 168 euros which works out around £29 a night. It's only a 2* hotel but it does look central.
Thanks Helen - i'll check that one out.
Can anyone tell me how much a taxi will cost from the airport into Krakow and how long it will take? Thanks
I can't remember the cost (we went in February) but it was pretty cheap, as everything in Krakow is, and takes less than half an hour.
We paid 60 zloty for a taxi from the aiport to the Ibis Centrum last September and it took 25 minutes.
Does anyone know the name of a good hotel (at least 3 stars) that is central. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.