Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Kuala Lumpur
3 Posts
I'll start off with the best place to eat- I got this recommendation from here and ate there 2 out of the 3 nights we had there. It has to be Jalan Alor. Its a street of full of restaurants and stalls which spill out on to the road. Look for a busy place and choose it. The food we had was fabulous. Great people watching place as well :)
Shopping
Sungai Wang - sells everything with prices cheaper than chinatown (an experience not to be missed),
LowYat - just behind Sungai Wang sells everything computer based.
KLCC & Pavillion - upmarket brand name shops (fixed price only no bargaining) but good choice of shops.

Best times to shop are weekdays when you almost have the shopping centres to yourselves and get good service, I would recommend avoiding weekend shopping if possible (especially Sungai Wang and LowYat as it seems like everybody in KL is shopping at the same time).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.