Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
We stayed on Kuredu at Easter booked through FC. Great island - usual level of Maldivian all-inc (eg buffet style meals, basic drinks (no imports), 1l bottle of water per room pd, one free sunset cruise, use of non-motorised watersports etc) We're not big drinkers but gather you could run up a fairly steep bill on cocktails should you choose!!!!

It has an excellent dive school that also offers snorkel trips with qualified staff, motorised watersports e.g. paragliding,a fantastic - and not too expensive - spa, golf course etc, so there is plenty to keep you occupied.

We had 2 BB's and found them more than adequate for our needs - clean and reasonably well equipped (bed,aircon,wardrobe,fan,chairs,minibar (too expensive to use!), sunbeds and chairs on your patio, outside bathroom, CD player - bring your own discs) no hairdryer, kettle and tea-cups (but after first set provide your own tea/coffee etc)

It was suggested by previous visitors that the "best" BB's are in the 410-425 range, so we requested these - and ended up in the 600's - but actually did not find that a problem at all - we were hardly in the room except for sleeping anyway. They are currently demolishing BB's in the 300's range as they are gradually upgrading the accommodation - but the building work did not impact on our holiday at all.

One word of caution, August in the Maldives can be very wet!! We we on Meeru & Bandos in July/Aug 2005 and had several days in which it POURED for the entire day!!

Can't comment on the other islands as haven't been, but more than happy to answer specific questions on Kuredu (or Meeru,Bandos,Kurumba,Paradise, Lily Beach or Hulhule)
Hi, we loved kerudu, we went there for our honeymoon (as about half the other holiday makers were too)
We stayed in a jacuzzi beach bungalow which was fantastic.
We also flew with Emirates and there is a big difference, people we spoke to who went with airtours all complained about the flight, we had a great flight and were looked after really well.

The beach at the other side of the island from us was very shingley and you couldn't walk on it with your bare feet as it was sharp.

Big problem for us was the sand flies..we got bitten to death with them, you can't see them but I looked like I had chicken pox, they do warn you about them when you arrive, but it would be best, unlike us, to take antihistamine creams and tablets, also take some imodium.(just in case)

We booked straight with the Islands reception for our honeymoon (2nd October 2005) and got our flights seperately, it was very easy to do and also saved money that way too.

Take your own snorkling gear with you as its expensive to buy on Kerudu but to be honest the water is so clear you can see everything.

I haven't got the link for the island, but if you google Kerudu it will take you on to the site, they have their own web cam too!

Its definately worth visiting, even if it does rain, it will be hot!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.