Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
If you use the Search facility within this forum, bottom left of the main fourm page, you should find all mention of these resorts.

luci :wave
can anyone tell me if one island is bigger than the other?

and is one busier and more to do than the other.

can any one help?
Not been to Kuramathi but we chose Kuredu for our holiday (with children) because it was one of the larger islands with as bigger range of facilities - I could be totally wrong but it is my understanding that Sun Island, Paradise, Kuredu then Meeru are the biggest Islands.
I would think that a brochure search would show how many rooms each has
is the kuredu then going be full of children?
whilst we enjoy our friends and their children very often, etc, we didnt want to spend that sort of money for a alittle piece of paradise and P&Q and R&R to find children running around, and doing childrens things................

whilst we wouldnt mind alittle more to chose from in the way of facilities, we also wanted it be like a desert island (type thing), very chilled, which i thought the maldives where geared up to be more "adult" and weddings, honeymoons, anniversarys and total chill out pace and place for the hectic lifestyle and jobs, rather than for family holidays and childrens pool and children entertainment.................................
Children's "entertainment" doesn't really exist per se in the Maldives, but the bigger islands with more facilities do encourage more families, both British and european, especially in respective school holiday periods. It is not the sort of destination that you will find yourself "overrun" with children, but the bigger islands and those closer to Male do tend to attract more families. There are adult only resorts, and the smaller islands do not necessarily have many less facilities - even some of the bigger islands do not have pools for example.We were in Kuredu over Easter and there were English,Italian and Russian families there with children ranging from babies to teenagers.
my wife and I went to Kuredu last september a larger Island with a lot of rooms but we still found piece and quiet. The diving and snorkeling centre is fantastic with really helpfull staff and you must walk up the sand bank mid morning and at sun set it is about a mile long and so beautiful, "WISH I WAS THERE NOW".
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.