France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
La Couple
13 Posts
It's La Coupole, a huge dome shaped reinforced concrete bunker hidden in forest, where the Germans built V1 & V2 rockets during the last War. It deals with the appalling way in which the Nazis used slave labour in concentration camp conditions to build both the bunker and the rockets.

In the tunnels leading into the bunker, there is a fascinating display of the mainly private photographs of both Allied and German soldiers showing conditions in the trenches during the First World War. Not official photographs, what it was really like. Muddy and bloody!

LA COUPOLE
BP 284
62504 Saint-Omer cedex
FRANCE

See http://www.lacoupole-france.com/en/pratique/tarifs_ind.asp

About an hour from Calais, but allow for finding it.

If you travel to or from via Marquise and Guines, you will pass Carrefour, Lidl, Intermarche and Aldi supermarkets for your shopping, and these are proper ones, not outlets for booze runs.

I recommend La Coupole, but there's a lot to see.

Peter
Am I the only one who is very impressed when after doing a fair bit of research, and taking the time to compose and post an answer to a question, it goes unacknowledged by the OP?

Peter

PS I know this is :offtop , but I think it's justified.
The OP is probably in France now but they did visit the site on Saturday.
Peter of York wrote:
Am I the only one who is very impressed when after doing a fair bit of research, and taking the time to compose and post an answer to a question, it goes unacknowledged by the OP?

Peter

PS I know this is :offtop , but I think it's justified.

I've had lots of chats with members of another site about this, I think it may be one of the reasons that some of us aren't posting so often.
It doesn't happen every time though and I have often received thankyous but it's annoying when you spend lots of time answering a question and don't even receive the smallest acknowledgement. How long does it take to post a quick thankyou ?
They probably have been too busy to reply to you, but probably apprecriated it!
LMAO - Too busy to type "Thanks" or to PM a Thank you? Common courtesy is becoming sadly lacking everywhere, nothing against the OP as there can be many reasons why they choose not to say Thanks but ya gotta wonder...

:que
Especially as they visited the day after the reply was posted.

Patka
No, I'm just probably naive to try to think the best out of people perhaps?? Definetely naive though, definetely naive...
I will be going there later this year :)
Sorry to have not replied sooner. We did go to France and visit La Coupole. Intended to reply the thanking you for the information but when my husband came home from work telling me he had been made redundant it was not top of my list of priorities. Glad we had a good day out and bought a bit of wine as it will have to last a very long time. This is the 3rd time in 5 years he has been made redundant.
Hope we can bounce back again. sorry if you thought i was rude. Life isn't good at present.ESM
Sorry to hear your bad news ESM. Hope something better comes along for your OH.
I'm sorry to hear that your husband was made reductant, thinking of oyu xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.