Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
called in there three times in the past .
my opinion is stay on the ship its a dump
Would you not like to see Carthage or Sidi Bou Said?

Someone will be able to confirm, I think La Goulette is on the train line that you take from Tunis to Carthage and Sidi Bou, I'm sure there was a stop called La Goulette. It's a 3 letter name TGM or something like that. So it would be very easy for you to get to Tunis too.
sorry i thought you were just asking about the port (la goulette) its self
I don't know that there is a lot to see at La Goulette but it is certainly worth getting the train into Tunis itself and having a wander around the Medina. It is something you can do by yourself rather than on an organised tour, as you can walk to the train station - ask any local the way. We were warned by the woman on the ship trying to sell her tour that it would be very expensive - it cost me about £2 for five of us on the train a few years ago after saying a polite 'la shokran' to all the taxi drivers trying to drum up business.
We did the ship's tour to Carthage and Sidi Bou Said and enjoyed it.
Both Sidi Bou Said and Carthage are well worth seeing but I'd been to them before on my very first visit many years ago, when I went with the rep from the hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.