Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I can't give you a comparison as I have only stayed at La Masia (twice). Unless things have changed the Siesta rows are at the back of the site (although last time we were there they were developing another plot at that end of the site which is probably open now). That end of the site has it's own pool and bar. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the main entrance but there is a closer back gate that takes you into the service road. This can be used as a short cut (right) to the station and back of town shops avoiding the main road or as a path down to the far end of the beach (left).

The site is kept spotlessly clean by a small army of cleaners/gardeners and at night it is patrolled by security and has security on the gate prevening unauthorised visitors (you need a pass to get in). The main gate is closed at 10 ish which means no wheeled traffic in site after that and just a Judas gate is left open for residents to come and go.

The main gate is 20 metres from the main street of the resort where you will find loads of shops, bars, ice cream parlours and amusments etc. It is about a 15 minute walk to the beach (gravel). It is another 30 minute stroll along to prom to the old town where you will find plenty of nice places to eat on the front (try the Bahia restaurant) and small markets and local type shops in the streets behind.

The back of the town has supermarkets such as Lidl and the railway station should you want to get into Barcelona. The main coast road also runs at the back of the town taking you to Tossa etc.

However I'm not sure how much of this will be open early in the season. Blanes is not a Brits only resort and you will find a good mix of many nationalities and bars that cater for them if you fancy a change.

I would go back to La Masia without a second thought. Have you looked at its website?

Hope this helps.
Hi ... many thanks for your response ... i will search for the website
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.