Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think one of the main factors in this is the huge drop, especially in package holiday market, this season. Less visitors = less posters.
Alan
I had a great holiday february this year,my wife loved it considering she didnt last year.......would i go back-maybe but it will depend on how greedy the Goans are next year and depending on how they tackle the russians.
I won't do a holiday report because there are too many on here who slate truthful reports- if someone asked me if Goa is a nice destination i would tell them they wouldnt like it.
My honest opinion of course.
Meantime i will like a lot of others continue to view from the fence because i dont want to be banned .
:)
Hi, I am travelling to Goa next week for the very first time and I am happy to add a trip report through a ‘newbies' eyes. Where possible I will add to the report while I am in Goa itself and update as often as I can. Given that we all have varying tastes and outcomes for our hard earned holidays, I hope this will be of interest to regular visitors, as well as those considering Goa as a new holiday destination.

Nick.
Hi
Musonick - go for it, have a great time! Its shambolic and lovely...
billy b - ignore the Russians, and recognise that the Goans are faced with making a living with reducing UK tourist numbers, and an increasing amount of Russians who argummentatively begrudge paying anything for the services they demand.
I have never done a trip report, because nobody wants to read that I have had yet another chilled out holiday (sitting around the pool, lying on the beach, reading and having lovely meals, etc). We all know about the faff at the airport both coming in and going out, so there is no point keep going on about it.

If anyone asks me what Goa is like, I tend to say it is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. Fortunately, I love Marmite - and I am hoping to return for my 11th visit in November this year.
Hi sydney .... you have to remember that every trip can be different. No one is expecting a trip report that consists of .... got up, had brekkie, chilled, had lunch, chilled, had dinner, went to sleep.

We all want to hear about good & bad experiences. This will help us all (expecially the newbies) get the most out of their holiday. We want to hear about the good & bad .... which restaurants & shacks to go to & which to avoid, who had food poisoning & where & who had the best meal ever. Which shops, jewelers, taxi drivers to avoid & which ones gave amazing service.
billyb- the only banning that has been done was for folks who didn't actually holiday in Goa and had their own agenda. No-one has just been banned for writing a trip report which wasn't positive. If you read the forum you will find plenty of the bad or not so good about Goa. Frankly,I'm fed up having to say this all the time.
Trip reports- they are something which made the Goa forum different from others. We have had some cracking reports. I do understand though that not everyone feels they did enough for a report. These folks though will chip in with answers to queries though. :)
I had a great holiday february this year,my wife loved it considering she didnt last year.......would i go back-maybe but it will depend on how greedy the Goans are next year and depending on how they tackle the russians.
I won't do a holiday report because there are too many on here who slate truthful reports- if someone asked me if Goa is a nice destination i would tell them they wouldnt like it.
My honest opinion of course.
Meantime i will like a lot of others continue to view from the fence because i dont want to be banned

Billy, what was different for your wife, and what was it she didnt like last year? Your response is the same I give to anyone considering going to Goa now. It's a bit like marmite,some folk love it,but some hate it and I dont want people to hate their holiday that they have booked on my recommendation
I can understand where Billy B is coming from. In the main most reports are positive, many feel here that to publish an adverse comments far less a negative report will get the usual attacks. I myself, over the years, when reporting on any negative side of Goa, have invarariabley been taken to task, and the usual advice is offered, "if you dont like it , move on". Consequently many of the old posters seem to have got tired of this predictable response, and whilst, perhaps not moving on from Goa, have certainly moved on from this site. At least thats how it seems to me, and could be one reason for the absence of many long term members posting now.
Alan
Hi to everyone,i fully intended to do a trip report as soon as i got home,but it's been over 2 weeks & i don,t know where the time has gone!
We returned to Goa for our 5th time,and it just gets better&better.
We stayed at Amigos guest house as reccomended by Billy B.Very clean,& a lovely family,will definetly stay there again next year,great spot for people watching,& handy for everywhere.
Was nice to meet Chilly&Mike &other HT's at one of the meets,although our visit was abit brief as we had arranged an early start the next day,also we had arrived quite abit earlier so had already eaten when everybody else arrived,so it seemed rude talking when everybody was trying to enjoy their meal.We had intended to go to the next meet but time just ran away but thankyou to everyone you made us feel very welcome & sound as though you all had a great night,will see you next year.
We traveled with Qatar and while the service was very good I think we were unlucky because of a delay we missed our connecting flight from Doha.
It was obviouse we were going to miss it but there was no information or apoligy given before before we landed so it was a free for all when we got into Doha airport,with people going to different destinations.
After what seemed an age we were told the next flight to Mumbai :yikes was 25hrs.later & then on to Goa.We were put up in a hotel in Qatar & they provided meals,but it was a very long 25hrs.One person was only going for 10days,another girl traveling by herself to spend her birthday with friends in Goa,couldn,t even have a drink with us to celebrate(there were 7 of us)as Qatar is a dry state.
The thing was we could have made our flight,the gate opened at 11 45am we were all boarded by 11 30 & at 12 30 they announced they would just load some extra cargo :que then we would be off.
In all we went through 5 different airports(having started fromthe isle of man,still wearing the clothes we were stood in!so i'm not sure we would use Qatar again although i am sure we will be back in Goa next year

manxcat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.