Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I hadn't seen it and I expect it will be some time before we hear what actually happened, but I'm making enquiries of the ex pats over there ro see what they know.

I can't stress too strongly that although it is a terrible thing to have happened, Tunisia in general is probably a whole lot safer than many parts of the UK. I've never felt threatened walking alone, day or night, and certainly won't let it put me off visiting the place.
Have to totally agree with Aslemma on that. Tragic for the family and I feel for them, but it really is not something that one expects to hear happening in Tunisia. Frank and I live there for 6 months every winter and feel totally safe over there. Jenny x
I've just heard from Tunisia that this was apparently not a random attack. The lady is said to have been in a relationship with the man concerned, who killed her in the course of an argument. It is of course still extremely tragic, but helps to put the case into some kind of perspective.
Very sorry to hear about the lady. We were in Tunisia at the time and didnt know anything but was told about it on our return.
We live in Bolton and in the past week there have been 5 stabbings. It terrifies me when my niece whom i adopted at 6 and is now 18 tells me she is going into town here clubbing.
BUT i feel Tunisia is so safe we have been going a couple of times each year for the past 6 years, and last year i allowed my niece to go on her own (with a friend but not me) as i feel it is so safe.
When we are there we have so many tunisian friends both my niece 18 and my nephew 12 go out places with them, and i just stay at hotel.
Tunisia i feel is a very safe place but like any where just be alert as not everyone is perfect.
I would just like to clarify that, as Aslemma has said, it was NOT a random attack. The woman was in a relationship with the suspect and was killed during an argument.

This of course does not justify any actions and it is still a tragic event. But for people like myself who live in Tunisia, it is a relief that this was not random.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.