Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Welcome to the forums hyundai. Hopefully, some of our Menorca regulars will assist you shortly, meantime could I ask please that you turn your Caps Lock off when posting.

Many thanks
David :wave
We're going to these apartments in June, staying at the Park Gardens (a sister complex - also included in that is the Flora Gardens - as a resident of one you can use the amenities of all the others). I've found a fair bit on the place in other forums and all the feedback seems good. In summary, people think the accomodation is basic but clean, the entertainment is excellent and the location excellent for access to the local amenities and the harbour. The only negative-ish comments are that all the entertainment is centred at the Lago Gardens and that can be a bit loud (depends what you like I suppose). We went to Menorca 2 years ago to Cala 'n Porter (which was also great) and are going back to Cala 'n Bosch because we hired a car and took a look round there last time and liked what we saw. The island as a whole is fabulous, with history and stunning scenery, great beaches and not too far too fly if you've got youngsters. If you've not been there before I would recommend hiring a car for a few days and having a look around. The north of the island is particularly pretty. As regards the resort, will let you know what it's like after we're back.
i went to lago gardens to meet up with family that were staying there it was about an hours bus ride to get there from where i was but when i did get there i was impressed, its all very nice looking and the apartments are away from the main pool area, its very relaxing and the rooms are very nice! the area its in is good (bit small) but there are many resturants and a huge beach (loads of clifs to jump off!)

if you have anymore questions i will try to answering them and i will also try find some pictures that were taken there!

Baka!
It depends what you want really. The other poster was right - Lago, PArk and Floral are all part of the Garden apprtments complex. It's a Swedish company I think. We stayed at GArden last year and I have to say we loved CB.
All 3 are not too big (Garden has about 60 appartments). Lago is nearest the marina - in fact it actually sits on top of some of the restaurants fronting the marina. All the night life for Garden is based at Lago which has an open air stage built by the pool. Some of the appartments actually overlook this though others are well out of the way.
I would DEFINATELY contact your agent and request a quiet appartment if I were you - unless you prefer otherwise of course!
But I don't want to give you the wrong impression. The appartments seemed OK from what we saw. We had a few problems when we arrived and the staff fixed them straight away and were extremely helpful.
You can use all the facilities in each complex (not much more than a pool really) and I would recommend trying out the other pools.
Cala'n Bosch is a lovely place. The marina is surrounded by restaurants of all types, all essentially outdoor and all welcome families even though some are quite pricey. It really comes alive at night (in a reserved kind of way).
You are yards from shops banks car hire etc.
The beach is quiite small but clean & you can walk along th erocks. There's a bus stop right outside Lago with buses to Cuidadella which is worth a visit. Also I'd recommend the little train ride around the resort - good way of seeing everything.
Any other questions I'd happy to answer (but as always just my personal view!)
Absolutely loved the place!! have been five times in total this past couple of years, wouldnt stay anywhere else - unfortunately i did last year, and ventured back to lago each day for swimming and entertainment!

apartments in flora and lago are much better than in park, one bed apts are upstairs, with 2 bed apts downstairs. they well equipped for a basic self catering holiday, entertainment is great, they do things with the kids in the hotel as well as the tour operators kids clubs (cosmos). and the location is spot on.

highly recommend these apartments, will be back this year without a doubt!

message me if yu want any further info!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
My husband and I, along with our children aged 9 and 5 stayed at Lago Gardens for one week in August 2004. We were put in an apartment which had an annoying hum from an underground generator, but when we mentioned this to Romana the manager she arranged for us to be moved the next day. The apartments are quite simple (but what isn't on the Med?) and were cleaned daily. Our new apartment had one or two things which were broken, but when reported they were mended within the hour. The free air conditioning in the lounge and main bedroom were a necessity and very welcome! The pool area is spotless and the bar staff very pleasant. Evening entertainment is slightly tacky but worth it because they try so hard and put on a good show! The marina is lovely to sit and watch from your balcony (if you get one with a view) in the evenings, with just the right amount of hustle and bustle but no roudiness, and certainly nothing which continues too late. You must hire a car and get a map and guide because some of the beaches on the south coast are stunning, and Ciutadella is fabulous (looks like a film set) for a day trip, if you don't want to do beaches all the time. As you can tell, we loved it and would go back, except there is so much more of the world to see!
I've now added these apartments to our review site. If anyone has stayed here would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review Lago Garden Reviews Here

Many Thanks :wave
I have just read on another site that the 2 bedroom appartments at the Lago are quite small.Could anyone give me some idea of the size as there are 6 of us due to stay in one in July! thanx
You should be ok, is it all adults or are there children going?? The first bedroom is quite large, second small, but big enough for 2 beds and a wardrobe from what i remember. Living room is reasonable with sofa (which converts to a bed) and a pull out bed underneath with them springy legs on it so its a proper bed height if you know what i mean. The kitchen is small, a little galley area running off the living area. You should be fine, stop worrying!!

Hi, we are staying at these apartments in just 2 weeks time !!! :D
the apartments actually have a website that i have recently found, the address is http://www.gardenhotels.com hth, nikki x
Nikki - how did you get on at the apartments ??
Hi Scotte, i was there when Nikki was, we met up last week, both of us flew home on monday - they were great as usual!! obviously different places appeal to different people - but i always stay there when im in Menorca.

Theyre clean, good sized well located apartments, if you want any further info send me a message with some specifics!!

Can't think of much for now, but will certainly post more questions over the next few days.. Firstly, the wife is asking ..

Do the apartments come with high chairs supplied ? if not, were they available from the management ?

Thanks..

Scott..
Ive never had to use one, and i know there arent any in the apartments when you get there - but the other year you could rent them in resort for a small charge. It is worth asking them at reception when you get there, or emailing them before hand, to ask if you can possibly have one from the restaurant.

Is it a one bedroomed, or two bedroomed apartment youre having?? as i know the one beds are upstairs, with a large balcony, and if you have a small child there is a risk of themfalling down, but on the flip side, a couple that were there last week borrowed a stair gate to block theirs.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Will probably drop them an email. We're actually booked into the Park Gardens, which is apparently on the same complex, in a 2 bed apartment. Any general comments or good tips on the complexes, or Cala 'n Bosch as a whole ??

Thx

Scott..
The park garden apartments are literally just across the road from the lago, with the flora garden apartments accorss the way from that. If imagine a 'T' junction, with lago on top of the T and park and flora along the sides! You will see what i mean when you get there! The evening entertainment is at lago. There are activities for both adults and children throughout the day.

Cala N Bosch itself is a lovely resort, set around a marina, which you can walk all the way round. There are some lovely restaurants, and bars, a waterpark, go karting, and an activity place with bouncy castles called goody goody world for the kids. Its difficult to give an overall description, but im sure you will love it there!

Can anyone please tell me if the garden appartments have a shower in the bathroom, also which is the best one to stay at. I will need a two bed appartment but would pay extra for a three if available.

Thanks in advance

Shelly
Yes Garden apartments have an over-bath shower (least ours did). We stayed at Garden which was fine but Flora looked better (personal opinion ONLY based on exterior!) See my review under Hotel Reviews at th etop of th epage. Don't know if they have 3 bed appts - we stayed in a 2 bed but there were only 3 of us.
The apartments at lago, and flora are the same layout. They have 3 bed apartments at park garden which are available at the usual under occupancy supplements. All apartments are cleaned very regularly and efficently! If you need any more info, please dont hesitate to ask!

(8 times repeater to lago, park, and flora!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.