Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Lagotel is at playa de muro about a mile from the Bellevue part of alcudia , its a fairly large hotel beside a lake and its a good walk down to the beach but if i remember correctly there was a free bus shuttle to the beach. The pool is large and runs alongside the main hotel the apartment block is opposite. We stayed there a couple of years ago and found it a very good place lots for kids to do and one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at.
Thanks so much for the quick reply - what you say sounds good to me....I've been looking on the net at review sites....doesn't seem too bad - some good some bad but mainly good!!!!! so I'm chuffed

You make your holiday at the end of the day don't you?

Thanks again

The Bromley Crew
Going to Lagotel in July and will post a review when I return. There are some good reviews on this site and also have a look at

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Thanks waterford.....

I will look out for your review - Im looking forward to it already and I only booked it today!!! How sad am i?

Have a good one

The Bromley Crew
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel and apartments.
Went to Lagotel August 05 and had a super time. One of the nicest pool areas we have visited.
In a nice location too- easy to walk or catch a shuttle bus from outside the hotel. We went on HB basis for 2 weeks.
Lovely lay out with lots to do. One of our nicest holidays in Majorca- you will not regret it :lol:
Hi

We have booked today to go to this hotel, August 2007 :) My sister has booked a family room with den which has bunk beds, is anyone able to advise if the den is in the same room or a room off their bedroom, which is what they are hoping for

thanks for your replies

Cathy
I think I have read on another website that reviewed this hotel that it is a seperate den. I am giving you the link for this other site, read through the reviews it may help you to answer the question.

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm
Thanks will have a read

Cathy
We stayed at the lagotel june last year and the answer to your question is that the den is in a separate bedroom in your apartment. So you do get to have some privacy from your little ones at night :lol: . We had a really great time at this hotel last year. You will have a great time here so enjoy.
Thanks for the fast reply, my sister will be pleased.

Cathy
:D
went to this hotel 2003 half board great hotel for family's really look after the little one's.our little girl had a fantastic time with the kids club.
hotel it's self 8/10
only down fall is the location good 20/30 mins walk to the beach with kids.
their is a hotel bus that take's you to the beach i rthink it runs every half hour or so.
to get into alcudia (main area)we caught taxis.
all in all a lovely hotel hope you enjoy it as much as we did
Just had a phonecall from sister in law,she arrived back from majorca tue night, staying at the Lagotel nr alcudia. Four days before she was due to fly back home, her hotel room was broken into (No sign of forced entry ), the doors are operated electronically with swipe cards. Money, credit cards, jewellery, psp, 3 mobiles, and all her husbands t-shirts were stolen. Three other couples were also robbed (The same way),too. Hotel staff/first choice rep/police, were unhelpful, and not at all sympathetic. They even had to pay for a translator, at the police station!

I do hope HT members don't mind me posting this, as the last thing I want to do is worry anyone, but I know if I had booked to go to this hotel, I would want to know, then I have the option of changing hotel. Anyone heading to this hotel be extra careful!

Regards, BBB.
I can fully appreciate what you are saying. I work in a Hotel and i can tell you that if somebody really wants to access your room they will, you simply cannot monitor all rooms 24/7. It is an absolute MUST that you hire a safety deposit box and keep ALL valubles inside it until you actually need them.
Without wishing to sound mean, could the lack of help have anything to do with the fact that no safety deposit box was hired?You dont mention that one was and, i can tell you Hotels/Reps and the Police take a very dim view of people who report valubles stolen which were not safely tucked away, it could also mean that no insurance company will pay out either.
Hi sun! I did ask sister in law about the safety deposit box, and she said this was the first year they didn't bother with one, although in this case I don't really think it would have made much difference,because one on the other couples who got robbed there did have a safety deposit box, and upon opening it, found everything gone! Looking on the reviews on holidays uncovered for the lagotel (July 2005), I was reading a review from another unfortunate person about how this had happened to her when she went into her safety deposit box too. Although I do appreciate what you are trying to say regarding the insurance claim, but my main reason for posting this , was to warn other holiday makers of this! Regards, BBB.
Fair comment. If the Safety deposit box had been broken into then i would say that it was very much an "inside" job!!
On the the mainland, years back, there was a spate of robberies of Hotel rooms and, apparently gangs were going into Hotels with crowbars hidden inside French sticks!!!!
:D - Unbelievable eh? It makes you wary though. How safe is a "Safety" deposit box? I have even read reviews/complaints where the safety deposits have been ripped off the wall, or unscrewed from inside the wardrobe, etc...It's probably safer to hide your money inside your socks!!!!. Regards, BBB.
Thanks for the advice we are off the Lagotel next week. A few years ago we stayed in Mojacar and before we arrived there was a spate of robberies also. Safety deposit boxes were only screwed onto a shelf in the wardrobe and they took out the whole shelf and took it away in peoples luggage.

Years ago we were in Lanzarote and the safes we cemented into concrete and that is the way they all should be.
Years ago we were in Lanzarote and the safes we cemented into concrete and that is the way they all should be

I`ll second that :wink:

SanJi x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.