Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Lanzarote advice
14 Posts
Welcome to HT Tenni! :wave

I'll try and get you started :wink:

We have hotel reviews HERE and resort reports HERE (Playa Blanca is my favourite).

Ferry info HERE.

Hope that helps for now.

Pippy :D
Hi am planning to go to lanzarote beginning of April this year. This is my first time in the canaries and can't make up my mind about where to stay so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which resort has the best beaches? (clean, sandy, golden or white sand)

Is lanzarote really that windy as the reviews say? Will it be too cold?

Are there any hotels with heated pools?

Which one is more scenic, lanzarote or tenerife?

Has anyone tayed at the atlantic garden or globalia timanfaya Golf or los pocillos?

Thanks so much
I've merged your post with your original topic as it was posted in the Costa Teguise thread when really you need general Lanzarote advice :wink:

Have a look through THIS topic for further resort advice.

Atlantic Gardens reviews HERE.

I've requested the Oasis Timanfaya Golf Apartments be added to the reviews section.

When you say 'Los Pocillos', do you mean the resort, or do you mean THIS property?

Hi Pippy

thanks a lot for your reply. Phew, I never thought it's so complicate to book a holiday. It's just that we probably won't get leave off again soo soon, so I want this to be perfect. :roll:

We are thinking now of 4 nights in tenerife in the vulcano and then 5 nights in lanzarote in papagayo arena. It has got really good reviews on this forum.

How is transportation in lanzarote? DO I need to hire a car to get around? I do want to see as much of the island as possible. Also, do I need a car in fuerteventura for the day to go to different beaches?

THanks
Unless you want to spend a lot of money on excursions, then I think you would benefit from car hire, especially as you are looking to stay in papagayo. Also check that the car hire company allow you to take their car across to Fuerteventura, some of them don't :D

HTH :D
thanks madsue,

But I heard the public transportation on the canaries is very good with regular buses to everywhere? Also, I thought maybe an excursion would be useful if it comes with a guide. I read somewhere that if you book with first direct your excursion it's much cheaper.

Is the papagoya far out from everything? I like walking and don't mind 10-20 min walks within the resort or to the beach and am looking forward to long treks in the national parks.

How is the parking situation? Is there plenty of parking around the hotels, beaches, ports, resorts, etc?

Phew have booked our flight tickets now; can't wait to go.

Thanks
Hi Madsue

you said the excursions are very expensive. If we hire a car is there any entrance for the excursion destinations such as timunfaya national park? Can we still get a guided tour? Do you think it is better to see the park on our own by car or as part of a an excursion?

Is there ample parking everywhere? In Playa Blanca town, harbour, timunfaya, beaches, etc.

Is it easy to find your way around by car?

Thanks for your help madsue :D
Hi tenni :D What to answer first!!!! :lol:

Public transport, yes, there are buses, but mainly between the major resorts, not out to the national parks etc. So to see these things would mean excursions or hire car. Getting around by car is easy, the island isn't very big, roads are good, and the parking is fine, well apart from in Arrecife :D

I like to take excursions when I go on holiday, as I like all the extras bits of info you get from the guide. However, there are very good guides at all Tourist attractions here. If you go to Timanfaya in a hire car the entrance fee is 8€ per person, and once you have parked up, your ticket gets you onto one of the buses for a 45 minute tour of the park itself, and there are plenty of guides around to show you the other stuff. Same in the Green Caves, and Jameos del Agua you would just be walking around anyway.

HTH a bit :D
Madsue, you know everything :shock:

thanks that was a real helpful reply. Ok, last question: If we do book excursions is it better to book in advance from the UK or once we get there. Can you recommend any tour operator?

Hm, we have made our papagayo bookings now. Do you know where I can find the bus timings for the courtesy bus from the hotel to playa blanca. Also are there any pubs at all within walking distance of the Papagayo arena?

Thanks again 8)
Hi Tenni

For info specific to the Papagayo Arena, please post in the hotel topic HERE :wink:

Thanks.

sure Pippy, I didn't know how to move it so I just copied it into that thread. Hope that is ok. Please feel free to delete it from this thread. :)
No need to delete it :wink:

If you try and post questions in existing topics you're more likely to receive a reply as members often watch certain topics :wink:

Hi again :D No need to book from the UK. All the tour operators and hotel receptions charge the same for the official excursions and any one will be happy to book you once you arrive. There are other companies offering excursions cheaper, but sometimes these don't include the entrance fees, so do check if you decide to use these unofficial tours.

Can't help at all on the Papagayo Arena I'm afraid, as I don't know anything about the hotel at all!! (see, I don't know everything :lol: :lol: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.