Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
If you are not looking for an Ibiza type holiday then Costa Teg will be fine for you as there is good nite-life but not in your face.
Personally I would prefer a holtel in the centre of things a bit more as Corona Playa is a good walk from the main drag. I am sure people will disagree but I think it is. The Occidental Teguise Playa is worth a look its in the middle of everything and it was a very expensive hotel one time but is not as expensive as it used to be. Front door is the centre of the resort and the back gate is on a lovely little beach and you wont need any taxis. I think its all inclusive now.

There are good nite clubs one across the road and then another called coyotes nearby where they have foam parties in summer if you feel in the mood. The hotel is surrounded by all the in places.
I agree with the previous post - the Corona is a long walk from the centre of Costa Teguise. The Occidental Grand Teguise CLICK HERE is in a great location - just make sure you don't get confused and book the Occidental Allegro Oasis, which is even further out of the resort!
The Gran Melia Salinas CLICK HERE is a lovely hotel but quite expensive!
Thank you very very much for your advice guys! it's always hard to tell these things as the travel companies just want to sell you the holiday!

Iv've looked at both hotels you suggested, and the first one sounds perfect(The Occidental Grand Teguise), but i cant seem to get it to come up when we want to leave (3rd/4th august....one of us is a teacher, hello expensive peak time holidays :( ) so if anyone could help find that it would be fantastic. the other one looks amazing, but we have a top budget of around £650 each - we know its not much for a peak time holiday, but there we go!

thank you! :)
any other help from others would be great too!
I cannot understand why you cant get the dates up as it is not booked out yet for summer. The Occidental Grang teguise Playa used to be an elite hotel but needs a face lift and has dropped from luxury to nearly luxury! The food is OK not spectacular but you would be hard pressed not to be fed and watered in it. The all incusive is good to get your night started as you can drink in the hotel first free and then hit the hotspots (outside the door!) when you are merry!! The pool is fabulous and the sunbathing areas are great and out the back gate has you on the nicest little beach anywhere, teaming with fish and the best place to snorkle. Its a great central spot.
millie, I can't get it up either, it isn't showing on the options to choose from on the thomson website, only the Allegro Oasis? Are you in a position to book it independently?
I have checked the occidental website and your hotel is in fact booked out on your dates so all the reports of doom and gloom and demise and no visitors may not be all true then!!

Another two hotels to look at are: The Barcelo La Galea. not to be confused with Barcelo Lanzarote which is well out of town. You just google the Barcelo hotel group as I am not allwoed to give you website address nor email addresses. It is a decent all inclusive hotel with the town out the front door and the biggest beach outside the back door and if you book a sea view room the most beautiful views. The food is good enough and it is all very central for you for day and night life.

The other is the Puerto Tahice. It is next door to Barcelo La Galea. It closed last september for refurbishment and is meant to open for Summer 09 but you know these date deadlines. You again need to google the Hotetur Hotel Group and go from there. There are contact details on the site and you should email them directly and ask when they are opening Don't go by their website. This group refurbished the Lanzarote Bay last year and if they do half as good a job here in this location this will be a brilliant hotel.
Thanks again for your replies everyone.

It's a shame about the occidental being booked up, it seemed ideal. never mind though! plenty more hotels out there!

I'm looking into the Barcelo la galea right now, couldnt find it on Thomson, but got it up on first choice. Seems alright. I think i stayed at the other one (barcelo lanzarote) about 4 or so years ago and from what i remeber, it was a lovely hotel but yes, a bit out of the way. So im up for trying another barcelo hotel, but by the looks of the reviews on trip advisor, it seems like it's gone downhill over the past year or so.

If there isnt much difference in price between half board and AI we would go AI, but we do plan to go out at night, so if there's a large difference we will stay half board, as it means more spending money for beer! :)
madsue - we are willing to book independantly if you find anything that doesnt show on thomson etc that you feel would be relevant!

*goes off to carry on looking*

booking a holiday is a loooong process!
Its a long process booking a holiday but remember that a bit of time invested now will pay dividends when you arrive. The La Galea is OK and the food is OK. You will be fine there. The idea of AI is that you will have more spends for drinks out at night. You can get the evening started very cheap and then go out when you are merry. You can sip beer all day and be ready for the night.
Do you guys think that Puerto del carmen may be a bit roudy for us? considering were looking for nice bars instead of clubs etc?

Im still so confused! costa teguise seems good, but im struglling to find hotels to suit.
PDC is is full of bars and clubs and you don't have to go into the clubs if you don't want to.

If its quality hotels you want then Playa Blanca is fabulous but I would not reccomend it for young people.

I think Costa Teg is probably for you. You could also try the Lanzarote Gardens there is a great social atmosphere in the hotel and the animation team are just the best at getting everyone involved and they seem to work 24/7. Its part of the H10 group so google H10 hotels and then follow instructions. They are great value booked direct. The beach is just across the road and through a car park and you are 5 minutes walk from the town centre. You can have room only B&B Half Board and AI there so there is a good choice of price. The food is moderate but you will eat OK in it. I like it. So look at the prices to book independently and then look at the package deals and compare. Monarch/Cosmos and somewhere2stay Thomas Cook and Med Hotels use the Lanzarote gardens. Worth a look.
millie, PDC is great fun, but there aren't really any hotels there to speak of - most of them are in Los Pocillos, or Matagorda, so a bit out of the way. There are complexes offering AI etc in PDC, but they won't be the same as the hotels rosa is suggesting.

Hope you find something lovely for yourselves! Don't think I'm ignoring you (or anyone else!) but today is my last day for a while on the internet as I'm moving house tomorrow, so will have no access for a few weeks. How will I cope :yikes
Hi Millie, Try http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk the Occidental tegiuse playa is showing on their website for August. They are a reputable company I have used them and are abta bonded etc . They will do flights and hotels for you even transfers if you need them .
Dont know where you are flying from but as Serena says there is availability with Travelrepublic flying from Gatwick on 3rd August for £663 for 1 week.

Gail
you can always try a private villa or apartment too,some really nice ones near centre of town,try the owners websites like,espana breaks or owners abroad. or lanzarotelates
costa is great for chilled out summer nights,some lovely bars and restaurants,try the market square,(pueblo marinero) for great bars ,chispas,orient express,the snug etc.
and you can get the bus to puerto if you fancy a more clubby night out,then taxi back,( about 25 euro)
try looking on the canary nightlife website and forum too,some good advise for days/nights out etc.
good luck x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.