Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I'm sure as soon as someone whos been sees your post they will reply to you Tinkerbell, if not you could be the first person to give us a review :D
Sarah
Sorry Sarah, I'm so used to the Turkey forum having instant replies ... seems strange to be on this one. :lol:

I will be patient ..... :lol:, maybe your right, quite possibly I am the first member of HT to visit :sun
we have returned recently from lanzarote apartments in peurto del carmen. went with direct holidays- part of my travel . if these are the same ones as you are stoping in you will find
they are very clean, apartments spotless, pool area cleaned every morning , people were reserving sunbeds from 7.30am [ against the rules] man who cleaned the pool just use to soak the towels . we never reserved any beds as we were always down by the pool by 9.00am and just removed the towels. people use to moan at the germans but irish/english was just as bad.only fault was pool bar opening times 10am til 5pm, 4pm on a sunday. shut allday wednesday.
anymore information needed let me know
Thanks Natrose.

We are also booked through Direct Holidays so I think they will be the same ones.

Are the hotels near to the beach and the nightlife?
Can you hire sunbeds at the beach?
I gather this isn't an all British hotel (thank the lord!!!)
Would you return again?

Hope you don't mind the questions. :wink:
the apartments are about 10-15 mins from the seafront, downhill[not too steep], 3 supermarkets, 1 being a big nettos. the bar above nettos is very good for food and there are a couple of irish bars at the bottom of the road. this road will bring you into the middle of the resort, ideal location. the american indian restaurant [if you turn right] does lovely food.
the room safe is 38 euro[ 10 euro deposit] for a fortnight.
you can hire sunbeds on the beach for about 8 euros for 2.pedolos about 10euros for 1 hr.
we didn't do any trips through direct holidays as we found it was cheaper to book with luton travel [booked through reception] but you will get booklets given to you at night for last minuite travel tours , these are the same company and you just turn up to catch the bus at the required time , don't know what you mean by an "all british hotel"
most people were irish , few scots ,and very few brits.
would i return --if i was going back to p del carmen , then yes. but i found the resort too much like a english seaside town.
I want to book up to go to Lanzarote Apts in PDC - does anyone know any Tour Operator other than Direct Hols that books this accomodation?
Take a look at http://www.slatteryssun.com/ they may be able to help you, although they are based in Ireland :D
I think falcon / jwt do them also and panorama
try booking direct with the apartments , might be cheaper to do it your self depending on flight prices .
email: reservas@apartamentosllanzarote.com
Thanks for all the information - really appreciated from you all.
Just thought I would ask again to see if anyone other than Natrose had stayed at these apartments?

Thanks for your replies Natrose. :lol:
Hi Tinkerbell

We stayed at the Lanzarote apartments in Aug 2004 and were not disappointed. Like yourself we could find no info about them before we went. The apartment was spacious and clean, the towels and bedding changed regularly. The whole complex was cleaned to a very high standard. I think one of the reasons we can find no info on the apartments is that the tour operators have not got their hands on them yet. That might reflect the high standard.

They are set at the top of a steep hill and are not for the elderly or unfit. The beach is about a 5min walk downhill and their is a couple of supermarkets on the way down. The pool is also clean and there is a small childrens pool attached. There is also a small sun terrace overlooking the pool which has about 10 sun beds and is very quiet, you also don't need to reserve one with a towel, as most people reserve the ones at the pool. The pool bar does good breakfast and lunch, but does not stay open late at night, therefore there is no entertainment, although it is a very nice bar.

There were a mixture of nationalities when we were there. Brits, Spanish and Italians. All got along well, it was not too noisy at the pool side, so you could read in peace and your booked stayed dry.

Hope this helps, if you want to know more let me know.

Spidergirl

:lol:
I've added these apartments to our Review site.

Those of you who have stayed here would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review HERE

Many thanks :wave
Tink, I would say that natrose post is still valid, she was only there a month ago!! I have met a lot of people recently who have (and are) staying there, mainly Irish, and there are no complaints at all!!!
Thanks Spidergirl, fab news.

Madsue I know Natrose points will still be valid and I have thanked her for the information, anything is greatly appreciated but I just asked the question again so I had a more opionated review - obviously we all have different ideas. It's sounding nice though and I'm pleased to see that its looking good.

Thanks for adding a section for them to be reviewed Glynis.
:wink:
Hello don't know if this is too late but this might help you, a few years ago think its 4 now me and my girlfriend went to pto del cmen and stayed in the los farionas player, its down by the corner near the shops it was next to the beach and put it this way i have been to many places in the world but this is one of the best places i had been too very very professianal and food was top notch.
I would find this place if reviewed and book it,trust me on this one im a very picky man!! lol .
It had a shop built into it on the side of the road has anyone else been here?
Cheers Mark.
we went in february and had a great time (ish). The holiday got off to a bad start because there had been a storm and our room was flooded, the pool had over flowed and the entertainement bit downstairs had to shut because raw sewerage got into it ( was a bad storm!). The rooms were pretty basic, we had a cockroach in our bathroom so long we were going to charge it rent!. I make this sound bad....no it wasn't bad at all. The staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough to help. They had a really tough time from everyone at the start coz of the storm, but a couple of days later everything was sorted. There is alot for the kids to do, and the entertainers worked really hard during the day. Night entertainment was a bit too "pheonix nights" for us so we went out of the complex ( everything is just a short walk away..out the door and turn left). The food was ok, and if you are going out for the day, let the staff know the night before and they will make you up a packed lunch to collect.

Would go back to Lanzarote Bay anytime... Val and Rob
Well we are going in August but I hope its nice, I can't find anything about it .... is that a good thing or a bad thing.... I am beginning to wonder. Oh I'm going to have a fab time no matter what ... its a holiday :lol:
Hi, does anyone know if Lanzarote Bay apartments in Costa Teguise have been refurbished yet, read in reviews that they were supposed to be.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.