Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Just wondering, does lanzarote bay cater for all nationalities or just british.
when we were there, if i remember rightly it was just the british..
There are plenty of Irish staying at the lanzarote bay including myself and family. Direct holidays and Airtours fly out from Dublin. See you all there in August.
people say that the hotel closes early and i was just wondering is the reception opoen 24/7...

posts welcome

p.s.callyxxx...
When are you going Cally, we are going on 15th june, will be able to answer any questions after that.
Hi All
Could anyone tell me is there air conditioning at the Lanzarote Bay apartments in Costa Teguise I am going there in August and have been told it can get really hot I have tried to find out if there is air conditioning in the rooms but can't get an answer. If there isn't are there any fans that we could hire.
Thanks Mandy
  • Edited by mands 2006-05-31 16:11:00
there wasn't any when we stayed there just over a year ago. There are threads on this site all about lanzarote bay, if you read them, there may some info in there somewhere. Apart from the lack of air con.. the hotel is a pretty good place to stay. i am sure you will enjoy it...
hello, i am going on the 3rd of july.2006
We get back on 29th june, will post review promptly when we get back, 2 weeks tomorrow and we'll be there.
laugh out loud.

well hope you have a good time and enjoy yourselves
as anyone got any different photos of lanzarote bay because on all the sites they are nearly the same.for example have you got any from when you last stayed there?

p.s.cally
You may find some in the Lanzarote Photo Album HERE.

Pippy :D
Just wondering, does lanzarote bay cater for all nationalities or just british.

It's mainly British and Irish, although when we were there last August there were a couple of Spanish families. The management allocated them apartments all together and they were very much in the minority and looked rather uncomfortable with all us mad Brits running around - I felt quite sorry for them :lol: Although it is mostly booked through British and Irish tour operators, the hotel can be booked independantly, which explains the occasional 'European' clients.

people say that the hotel closes early and i was just wondering is the reception open 24/7...

The bars close at midnight, but reception is open 24 hours. There are drink/snack machines if you need anything in the middle of the night, but these aren't part of your all-inclusive.

Some of my photos of the Lanzarote Bay are in the HT Gallery HERE
There's no aircon at the Lanzarote Bay - most of the year it's breezy enough to keep you cool at night, but it can get quite hot in August. We were there last August and it was blazing hot in the day and pretty warm most nights. Our apartment had balcony doors and also windows in the bedroom. I didn't feel comfortable leaving the balcony doors open, but I opened the bedroom windows each night (but not while we were out) I can't remember if there were fans to hire, it would probably be cheaper to buy one and sell it on to someone before you come back home :wink:
hiya people say that they have hair dryers is this true if so are the powerful?

..xxcallyxx..
There weren't any hairdryers when we were there last August. I did hear some rumours about a winter refurb a few months ago, and certainly the bathrooms were a bit shabby, so maybe they've been 'done up'...
I didn't bother taking a hairdryer, the heat and the breeze do a fair job :wink:
hiya thank you i will just take an hairdryer justincase on some sites they say they do have hairdryers but they are probably lying :? :roll:
anyway thanks
..xxcallyxx..
Just wondering if anyone knows how much to hire a safe, and are they very big, could we fit a portable dvd player in.
Thanks.
The safes were very expensive - last August it cost us 44 euros plus 5 euros deposit for 2 weeks. It was right down on the floor under the bottom shelf in the wardrobe and really awkward to get to, I actually had to sit on the floor to get stuff in and out. :x
We managed to fit a camcorder (plus spare tapes and batteries), two digital cameras, three mobile phones, three wallets and all our tickets, passports etc into it but it was a tight squeeze.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.