Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi I just returned last week from 2 weeks in Antalya. I stayed at the Dedeman Hotel. Lara is a lovely part of Antalya but as it was winter season there wasn't a lot to do. The beach is lovely and I was told that there is lots of water sports etc available in the summer. Antalya is a really interesting city. Lots of culture and a great museum plus you are fairly close to the resorts of Kemer and Side which are a lot more touristy. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Linda
Don't go out of your way to visit Belek/Kadriye. Pretty bleak. Hairdressers, Clothes shops, Chemists, no charm. That's about it it.
hi

lindalou ive just sent you a pm
MarcoHols, we have just booked to the Hotel Lara Beach for end of July, Paid £4,800 - 4 adlts and 1 child, Only know that it opened 1st May !!.
Have you found anything about the complex, I have only seen pictures in Thomsons !!!!!!
jef fnail,

Sorry not found out anything. Apart from Thomsons now saying we're 7km out of the main resort!

Would have thought someone would have been there by now.

I'll keep you updated, if I hear anything.

Cheers
Marco
I have only found 1 other family from Bolton going there in July, I am off at the end of July, when are you travelling to this hotel ??? and how much did you pay per adult ????
We're flying out early Oct, from Glasgow, for 2 weeks. 2 adults & 2 kids paid £2100.
Rec'd an email from a family who went on 6th May. The fish rest and a couple of other items were still being finished but she thinks that by end of July everything should be completed. The hotel report she gave was very good, pools and slides, grounds, room and food was all 1st class. The only problem was that Lara beach hotel is at least 7km away from the nearest bars and night life and you need a taxi to reach these places.
The brochur is 100% wrong to say that there are other places to visit 500m from the hotel.
Let me know if you have any further details..Thanks
Good to hear!!

Did they indicate how much the taxi's were? Thinking about asking Thomsons for some compensation!

Cheers
Marco
Taxi range from 7 - 20 e's depending on what time out and return. Also if there are more than 2/3 taxis waiting as all will try and undercut each other to get the business. No love lost with turkish taxi drivers, dog eat dog world !!!!. If you do speak to Thomsons and get compo please let me know. It looks like I will be writing the report to you when I get back middle of August !!!!!
I will be travelling to the Lara Plaza resort next week. I have just spoken to the travel operator who I booked the holiday with this morning whi specialize in Turkish holidays and they have assured me that the resor has now reached its completion. So hopefully the rooms left to finish are done, I shall keep you informed and let you know if that was the case on my return.
Are you going to the Lara Beach Hotel just outside Antalya ? as you have mentioned that you are going to the Lara Plaza ??? Do not know if this is the same hotel, hopefully it is and you could complete a full report for the rest of the HT people, Many Thanks and have a great holiday
Yes I am going to the Lara Plaza beach Hotel outside of Antalya, I will give a full report on my return.
Thanks, can't wait to hear your report on your return, have a great time and hope it is a great holiday....
if it's the lara resort on the thompsons web site, then its a barut hotel and you can get info on it at http://www.baruthotels.co.uk we went to the arum last year and are going again this year, the lara was just finishing being built and there was a big presentation spread in hallway of the arum. it looked lovely, very luxurious. all the barut hotels are on this web site, might give you some idea of the standard of them. we were impressed with them. hope this helps.
The Barut spa resort on lara beach is different to the Hotel Lara beach resort. Both however are close to each other and both were only completed a few months ago. There are 5 new hotel complex resorts that have opened in the last 12 months on Lara Beach, The Hotel Lara Beach Resort was only opened on the 1st May 2005.....Thanks
Sorry to be a pain, has anyone visited the Lara Beach Hotel near Antayla?
We're going there in Oct 05, with Thomsons - believe the hotel opened around April/May this year.

Marco
I have just spent 2 weeks at the Lara Beach hotel and we all had a great time. The web site is http://www.hotellarabeach.com. The food and drink throughout the day was great and also the staff were very friendly and helpful. A great hotel for small kids with a good mini club good pools and the animation team on site were great. Every evening there was entertainment with live shows. I will post pictures on the site for future reference.
thanks for the website, we are looking at this hotel for next year, we have a 2 year old so i would be interested to read your review. thanks
emma
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.