Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Larnaca Market?
10 Posts
just asked my daughter because she went there last year with her grandparents in august. the words she give me were..

Its worth going, lots of stalls and very cheap. Just take a few bottles of water ! because it can get very hot & busy and while she was there for just an hour 2 people collapsed in the heat!.
I think getting a cab would be better, but depends on prices from where you are staying.
Pm me if you want to no anything else :)

CourtneeLouise x
Aww thanks for that CourtneeLouise, i'd read all the reviews but as I say there were dated like 2005/06 saying it was more of a food market etc!

I was thinking a cab would be better too, last year we took a cab to the water park and got a discounted rate if we used him coming back so was hoping to do something similar this year!

And shall take the advice about the water! :tup
Louise, we went on a trip with our tour rep in June. It was ok but exhausting in the heat, we also didnt realise that there was also a two hour stop in Larnaca itself by the harbour, if we'd have known we could have took swimwear and gone on the beach, unfortunately we just had to make do with sitting in bars for two hours :cheers :tup

So if you just want to go to the market a cab might be a better option.
Thanks! Defo gonna have to take some supplies for energy! :tongue

Does anyone know what time it starts? will prob get there as early as pos
im not 100% sure, but i think its 11am.
off at 3 in the morning tomorrow, and i will most probably go to the market sunday so i shall let you know :)

CourtneeLouise :wave: x
ooo you lucky thing!!! I've still got 14 days to wait!!! :(
11am?!?!? It's nearly finished by then. :wink: There are usualy queues to get in well before that. When we go we are usualy in and out before 11.

There are places to get drinks. Last year there was a smoothy stall.

Not been to the new location, yet.

Mark
Go early, do not wait till eleven the market has moved to a new location and has better car parking and is easier to get in to.
Traders start getting there for about 7:30, so I would say anytime after about 8:30 is a good time to go.
It finishes at 2 o'clock
The coach trips start arriving between 10 & 11am and I think most of them stop off somewhere else after the market (I thought it was normally at the camel park but it might be different)
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.