Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Visited this hotel in October 2006. Hotel was very clean. Location was great. Food was very good - lots of choice. Entertainment was excellent. Shopping centre across the road with supermarket and lots of other shops. The area seemed very safe. No problems that I'm aware of. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Got an apt opposite this Hotel,

Its a nice area, no probs with them going out nice shopping centre and a good choice of entertainment bars in the surrounding area 8)
we have now been to this hotel six timesand really love it.No complaints at all.Its in a good location and we have always felt safe.The only thing to look out for is the scratch card people that pop up at times just say a firm no thankyou and keep walking.They are the only thing that we dont like in Tenerife they shouldnt be allowed.
as ive posted before we have now been to this hotel six times and can not fault it.All i can say is those who critisice must be very fussy and in that case should go for and pay for five star or more.
We have been there at half board and all inclusive and feel it is even better at all inclusive.Hope this helps some people who perhaps dont expect the Ritz for there money.
As for the person who was criticising this hotel a question you said you had been there several times , why ? if you thought it was terrible
To read our reviews of this hotel, please click here.

David :wave
Just booked a week here for 280 quid half board :shock:

thought that was a really good price.. fly out on the 31st of august 8)

Now, anyone on here stayed there? had a look at the reviews there and seems really nice place.

How do i go about requesting a pool view./ high floor etc?

anyhelp much appreciated! gracias 8) :lol:
Hi scottb

This is my second atempt to give you some information as my first was wiped out by an 'anti-spammers' message because I supposedly included a URL in my message. The e-mail address we have used previously for Las Dalias is lasdotdaliasatiberostardotcom. Hope you understand.

The hotel is very clean and well maintained, and the staff are very approachable and polite, especially if you used any spanish you know in conversation. We stayed in Las Dalias last year AI and 2 years before that HB. I actually booked last years as HB, but upgraded to AI once we'd checked in. I think it cost me about 550 euros, which for 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and 11), for lunch, unlimited drinks and unlimited snacks/ice creams I thought was very good. My only downside to this hotel is that the pool terrace can get quite busy and cramped. On a morning the terrace is cordoned off so that you can't reserve a sunbed at some ungodly hour, which I think is great. The food can be a bit repetitive come the second week - I think we ate out twice on our second week to break it up a bit, but it's cheap enough to do without breaking the bank.

If you need any more info. just ask

Disfrutar
excellent cheers!

i'll fire off an email later this week and see what the script is.

so am i right in thinking high floor and pool view is the way to go?

ps:cheers to whoever it was that found this topic and redirected my questions. i searched originally but think i must have fecked up the search :oops: :lol:
Hi scottb,

High floor and pool view is a must I think - you could get a room overlooking the busy road at the side of the hotel, so it's well worth requesting. The Dalias is a little different in that there is a 'large' hotel part that has, I think, 8 floors. Connected to this is a lower level building that has 3 floors. Connected to this on a right angle is another lower level building that has 3 floors. So the hotel in its completeness is a bit like an 'L' shape. Try the Iberostar website for a virtual tour, it might show what I mean.

So the choice is yours, as all rooms on the inside overlook the pool, obviously some have a 'better' view than others.

Mark
hiya
just booked 1 week AI for 10th July , I have read lots of reviews that say to email and request a room but cant find the email addy anywhere , the link on the iberostar site doesnt want to work , anyone any ideas what it is ?
thanks
:D
Hi amanda
There are lots of Hotel contact details on http://www.travel-library.com
Have pm'd you.

HTH :)
thanks a lot Fiona :D
No worries amanda. Hope you get the room you're after. :wink: :)
me too but I aint fussed if we dont , worth a try tho :lol:
Our room was overlooking the pool but on floor 4 and in the corner.

Well early every morining they fired the ovens up and we had the generators wiring under us. Same thing at night.

So be careful for what u ask.
thanks chris :D
hope u had a good holiday anyway :? :D
where about it this hotel ? we booked it as PDLA but reading about it now it seems to be in costa adeje , 30 minutes walk from PDLA :roll:
Have a look at this map the hotel is on the lefthand side just below the TF1. click here. Confusion sometimes arises when Costa Adeje is associated with Adeje the village. PDLA covers two districts of Tenerife called Arona and Adeje. To the best of my knowledge Las Dalias hotel is in the Adeje district which begins at the barranco just next to Veronicas which is in Arona district.
Las Dalias is in the Urb San Eugenio in the Costa Adeje "district"

As I won't be going there again :lol: I'll tell you the best rooms....
The main building has 9 floors and basically of you ask for any room facing the pool from floor 5 or 6 and above, then you won't go wrong....the higher the floor the better the view.
Floor 5 has a ledge in front of it and being a bit paranoid about security, although you would have to be spiderman to get on it, I've always had a room from the 6th floor upwards.

The best room without doubt is room 918......it's on the top floor on the end and not only do you have fantastic views of PDLA, if you stick your head around the corner of the balcony, you have mountain village views, a view of San Eugenio shopping Centre also a beautiful sunset over the Island of La Gomera each night.

The room numbers do not fall in sequence so the rooms numbers on the end are as follows 828, 729,629....anything around these numbers and you'll not go wrong.

Just to answer a previous post from January (I wasn't going to bother but) I have been in this hotel many many times and I'm going back some years. I returned because the food was excellent, I stopped going when IMO the food started to go downhill and thinking it might be a "one off" we gave it the benefit of the doubt and booked again the following year.... that year was as the previous one, there were other issues too and I was informed that the hotel eventually was going to go A1.
I'm not a fussy eater or expect the Ritz, but I feel I am entitled to compare one year against another and have an opinion that the hotel did for a short time drop its standards
I'm glad to hear that it has returned to the high standards that we enjoyed for many years...A1 is just not for me. :wink:

las.dalias@iberostar.com

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.