Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
just returned from our holiday and had a great time .
returned to this lousy english weather !!! :roll:
Could you give us a review of the hotel if you haven't already done so please.

thanks

sorry amanda just checked and you have gien a review thanks again.
I have read this thread, thanks for all the info. Could I ask someone:

1) Are the large balconies only on the third floor, are they facing the pool and do they have the sun all day?
2) Do floors 6-9 facing the pool have the sun all day and are the balconies small?

I have booked for a week in December, £300 All Inclusive, which I thought was quite good.

Any help appreciated

I emailed 2 weeks before going and asked for 3rd floor facing the pool with a large balcony with sunbeds. I got a reply next day saying they would do their best. When I checked in I asked if the room faced the pool and the receptionist said yes, and it has the large balcony you asked for in your email.
The balcony was about 9ft wide and 27ft long. Had 2 sunbeds and a table and chairs. It got the sun from about 11;15am till 6:30 pm, but that was the 3rd week of September. i would think the times would vary with the time of year. No idea about the other floors.
Thank you for your reply. I will email them and ask for a room on the third floor. :D
Looking at possible going here 1st February. Usually go self catering to eat out somewhere different each evening. It sounds quite a good hotel, any comments please. Also evenings can jens be classed as long pants for men if they are to be worn
I emailed them, but although I didn't receive a reply I got the room I asked for with the large balcony. :D
Stayed here in September Half board, although they do A/I as well. Food was good. We usually go self catering and eat out too.
But having just got back from the sister hotel Bouganville Playa on Friday we found that prices have increased to eat out and with the poor exchange rates at the moment HB was a much better option. We would look at what was on the menu and if it was OK we ate in and if we didn't fancy it we ate out. We only ate out 3 times in 2 weeks and that was for a birthday a change of scenery and our last night.
You would have to be very fussy indeed not to find something you like at Las Dalias.
Just a tip ask for a room on 3rd floor overlooking pool with a large balcony with sunbeds. ready my review.
jeans are fine, just no shorts or 3/4s.
You will need to wear long trousers to go out anyway, unless you are hardy. Once the sun goes down it gets cooler.
Hope you had a good time, Just got back from sister hotel Bouganville Playa the food was even better than Las Dalias although menu was the same. Guess it depends on the Chefs.
thanks louisejc. We usually like to self cater, eat somewhere different each night. went to Canaries in November not intending to go again so soon but thought we would, and thought half board would be good if just for breakfast and as you say if you don't fancy whats on the menu eat out. Never been in a hotel for lots of years and would not like to be disappointed
hi

we are thinking of going to the las dalias next april. Has anybody been there that can tell where the quiet rooms are, according to reviews its on a main road. Thanks Sue
Friends are staying here and have booked a family room for 3 people.
What is the difference between a standard size twin room and a family room?.
Thanks in advance for any comments regarding this hotel.
Hello,.
We (myself, wife and 8 year old daughter) are booked in the Las Dalias this year. Can anyone advise if 3/4 shorts and polo shirts are ok to wear in the restaurant. Just noticed there is a dress code. dont want to turn up as usual with no trousers and find I can't eat.
Also any general info on hotel and area would be welcome.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums, holladayaway. I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the hotel, which may provide some useful info while you wait for further feedback.

David :wave
Thanks David. Never noticed this thread. Useful info on here.
Jut looking at this hotel myself and am wondering the same re 3/4 shorts? My husband uually only takes 1 pair of jeans and the rest are 3/4 shorts and if I can get away with it dont want to have to take extra for him if its not needed ;)
Still trying to decide between this hotel and self catering Parque Santiago 3 with 2 16 year old boys. Can anyone help? Price difference is £500 extra for 9 days Half Board at Dalias.
We never had a problem with finding something our kids like to eat when visiting this hotel or any of the other Iberostar hotels.
Worked it out for this year and with prices going up for eating out it payed us to go half board.

When it comes to trousers men were turned away from the dining room in the evening if they arrived in 3/4 trousers. Those that came to evening meal in jeans or long trousers were fine.

Entertainment also fantastic. Saw a comedy act called Bitter & Twisted both at the hotel and a local bar called Oscars. Best laugh we had in ages. Good for all the family.

Hope you have a good holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.