Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We Also Booked last year with First Choice, received a letter informing us of renovation work which states they will be , repainting and replacing tiles within the main swimming pool and one of the kids pools. Whilst this work takes place the pools and poolside bar will be closed. Refurbishment will also take place in the cocktail piano bar and the hotel resturant but the resturant will remain open but the cocktail piano bar will be closed. All this takes place 1st May to approx 20th June.
If like us you had booked a hotel room you should be moved into an apartment which has recently been upgraded.
they also say there will be some noise and light dust
We were going May 23rd so have decided not to go and have changed to teneriffe now.
Hope this info has been of some use to you, good luck
Thanks for your reply. We have booked independently and so are stuck with it really. I must say though I am bitterly disappointed with the inconvenience. I emailed the hotel who confirmed that the pool will be closed but that the other pool situated at the top area will be open. He assures me that we will still have a good holiday. Having been to this hotel two years ago, our experience last time was so good that this prompted our return booking. I am hoping that the Barcelo group will not let us down. Apparently the entertainment will take place inside, but if the cocktail bar is closed also, I can't think where it will be located. Ah well, best laid plans and all that :roll:
I will let you know how it went when we return.
Hi hope your holiday works out well, i shall be interested to hear how it goes
I hope you have a good holiday, and I look forward to reading your review when you get back! I have just booked this hotel for next Easter - so all the work will be done by then (I hope) :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.