America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
MGM has a fantastic pool, all 6.5 acres of it. They have rates from $69 for September. See my trip report topic for a link.

luci :wave
Well we have only stayed at Circus Circus so can't say how theirs compares to other pools in Vegas but it was ace!
Nice size, always loads of free sunbeds available, jaccuzzi pool on the side, waitress service for drinks, and if you wanted to nip out to the nearby caravan park supermarket and bring your own chilled cans of Bud in at a third of the price they didn't seem to bother as long as you did it discreetly :glynis !
There are several pools at the MGM including an adults only pool and a lazy river.

Don't forget to check hotel reviews HERE.

If you'd like any hotels added just let me know in this thread ;)

Pippy :)
MGM and Bellagio are great for pools.

See this link for video of lots of Vegas hotel pools

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/nevada/las-vegas/las-vegas-pools.php

Cheers,

TC
Thanks everyone for your advice - I've checked that website and they all look really good.

Luci -thanks for your message - where do I find this $69 rate (or is that pounds)? for the MGM in September, (we'll be there in the 20's of September). Is it better to phone the hotel direct?
Hi

If you could add Westin Casuarina in Vegas I'll do a review - I've stayed there twice.
My experience of pools in Vegas is probably not of the best pools. Most pools will be adequate, but some have lazy rivers and you can hire floats etc.

I like the TI pool, because there's a huge jacuzzi that you can go in and sip cocktails in (it's not too hot more like a bubbly heated pool). Also Bellagio's and Venetians are nice because they are spotlessly clean and very high quality (nice padded beds at Venetian). Westin's pool is tiny but the area is very nicely furnished and there are misters to cool you down and ice cold face towels at the pool bar. Planet Hollywood's is pretty boring, but it's still nice enough - just rather uninteresting. Paris and Bally's are again a bit uninteresting but nothing wrong with them (paris pool a bit posher though). Orleans pool is remarkably nice considering it's a lower rated resort and off strip. I quite like the fact that the drinks are more affordable at a pool bar at a 'cheaper' hotel! Ok, I'm a skinflint! :rofl

We're booked for the Flamingo for 5 nights this year, and I'm sort of tempted to change. Although it's supposed to be a great pool, I also hear it's overcrowded (especially now that Bill's next door also use it).
TeeCee's link is good. I have heard that Mandalay bay is the best one
Here and here are maps for the pool areas of Mandalay Bay and MGM Grand respectively.
Those maps aren't opening for me. All I'm getting is a blank white page. :que

Thanks for the links to the maps on my site. Unfortunately they dont work because they link directly to the graphic, I had to stop direct linking due to bandwidth thieves. You can get to those maps and a bunch more by going to the home page and clicking "Property Maps." (I apparently cant add a link here yet.)

BTW, I just relaunched the site last night with a completely new look so be among the first to find its flaws! I will also be posting some new maps and pictures in a few days. Thanks again for the website plug.
could anyone advise me on a hotel that they would consider to be good value for money for a family of 4?
thanks
Hi everybody! I'm back again Luci !! Thanks so much for telling me about the MGM offers, there's loads of offers on all the hotels in September but ..... the dates we'll be there 21 - 25 September, are unavailable and /or very very dear. I've phoned MGM and the reservations clerk, said it 'was a dear week' - what's going on in L.V. that week , do you know ?

What's the best way of getting a good deal. ? I want to do what we did ten years ago, just turn up 'on spec' call in a hotel and find out where's there's vacancies. My husband says I've not thought of the reality of this plan. Tired, hot, can't find a parking place, loads of messing about, - ten years ago we didn't have the internet. What 's your opinion ?
Hi Judibob,

I'm looking to book from the 15th Sep to the 29th. I'm waiting for the MGM to come down a bit, they are currently $99 for some of those days but I'm confident they will come down to $75 for Sept, in midweek. There are lots of rooms available, you just need to wait a bit longer

Cheers,

TC
Stalyvagas,

For families, Circus Circus or Excalibur are 'cheap'

If you're not worried about a pool then consider Imperial Palace too

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.