Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Very interesting that you should ask that ? as I was looking at some Canaries deals earlier today, and in touch with cruiseclubuk.com, but DW says no......so no it is!!

Anyway, there are two options that look good. The best deal, for 11 nights on Costa Serena from Savona return, is available at £429 inside with cruiseclubuk. Think it includes transfers, as well as flights, but not sure about the transfer. The dates are 27/11/2009, 08/12/2009, 07/01/2010 or 18/01/2010. The Serena is a very new ship (2007) for 3000 passengers. We were on the Costa Fortuna in March and enjoyed the Costa product, relative to price. Obviously a lot of Italians on board, and first language as you would expect, but that did not trouble us in any way! Would definitely be booked on this if DW had signalled green, rather than red! Itinery is:
Savona, Italy 4:00pm
Barcelona, Spain 1:00pm 6:00pm
At Sea
Casablanca, Morocco 8:30am 10:30pm
At Sea
Lanzarote, Canary Islands (Arrecife) 8:00am 5:00pm
Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands 7:30am 4:00pm
Funchal, Madeira, Portugal 7:30am 5:00pm
At Sea
Malaga, Spain 8:00am 1:00pm
At Sea
Savona, Italy 9.00am

Another option, again we would recommend having been on ship twice before, is 9 night cruise on Norwegian Jade 14th january with cruise365.com who offer this as 10 night with a 1 night pre-cruise hotel in Barcelona. Total price for inside, including the flight & hotel is £585. Transfers are definitely not included but, as you will know, a doddle from Barcelona airport to city. We have used cruise365 twice before, and booked a cruise for September 2010 with them last week. Also available on 4th and 25th February at roughly £50 and £100 more. Itinery is:
Barcelona, Spain
At Sea
Casablanca, Morocco
Agadir, Morocco
At Sea
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Funchal, Madeira
Malaga, Spain
Barcelona, Spain

If I were to choose between the 2 options, taking balance of product & price it would be the Serena. If your friends are in any way uncomfortable with an Italian ethos prevailing on board the ship then no, go for the Jade!
Pleased to hear that someone was satisfied with Costa as I have booked for next March and the reviews are not very good,going with an open mind.
anstruther wrote:
Pleased to hear that someone was satisfied with Costa as I have booked for next March and the reviews are not very good,going with an open mind.

We were satisfied with Costa, relative to the price we paid which was a real bargain. Would not pay normal discounted prices for them. They certainly offer a lively cruise, which we enjoyed as it was a Transatlantic. We always go with an open minnd, and dodge the whingers on board every cruise!!
An A2 Owners Suite keeps popping up for the 15th November on the Gem on ncl.com for $1499
NCL Pearl - November 28th- 7 nights E Caribbean
Inside $299
OV $399
Balcony $599
Suite $899
Plus taxes and fees.
Hi all
I have just booked a 5 night Med cruise with Cruiseclub on Royal Carribean sailing from Barcelona ending in Malaga,it was a special offer with All Inclusive drinks package.
I have never seen this before on one of the big lines,has anybody else booked this (21st June) or has enyone seen this being done before,,,
After loads of cruises with Thomsons i thought i would give a BIG ship a try,hope iv'e not been conned.
Johnny C
I've never seen a drinks package on RCCL before- what are the details?
Hi
I booked it 2 hours ago,it was advertised with Cruiseclub.uk
5 night Western Med cruise All Inclusive Drinks Package, 21st June With RCCL on Adventure of the Seas sailing from Barcelona finishing in Malaga on 26th June.
Balcony cabin (E2) on deck 6. £1300 for 2 cruise only.
There was one cabin left after i booked,but looks like offer now off website.
There is another offer A/I on Oasis of the Seas 15/10/2010,,Fly-cruise to Carribean.
I priced the cruise i booked on 6 other sites with no A/I it came out £1000 -£1330.
Because i chose MTD there is a automatic $10pppd charge for gratuites but there is $75 on board credit.
Johnny C
Sounds like you got a good deal. :tup Their drinks are quite pricey..
Royal CAribbean- Voyager of the Seas round trip Barcelona on 22nd November- 7 nights W Med. From $349 Inside- $799 Oceanview- $1099 Balcony
I've never seen a drinks package on RCCL before- what are the details?

We got offered the drinks packge when sailing with RCI on Voyager Of The Seas. Worth doing in my opinion :tup
Just booked 9 night NCL Jade for 5th February with a US agent. Cost of cruise for inside guarantee, taking account of a $125 OBC, was £310 net. Flight from Newcastle £90, therefore total of £400 each. Lots of excellent deals around on cruiseclubuk and cruise1st to mention a couple of UK agents. If you are prepared to DIY cruise/flights/hotel if necessary, then US agents are sometimes best, as in our own case today.
bestpricecruises.com, although the OBC offer was to cease at midnight on the 10th (last night). Just went in again and it still seems to be saying the deal is there, certainly the price is. I accessed them via http://www.cruisecompete.com whom I always use to sift out he best deal available.....just watch the apparent best deal is not always the one to pick, you need to read the notes and see if there is any OBC offered, and this was what made the deal better than the "lowest quote" which was smartcruiser.com
Thanks Hamrag...I have been trying to check BP but the sites playing up
I had already posted it on cruise compete but so far no takers ( which is strange) wonder if its an american holiday today?
I though this was a good deal + I have a $250 voucher to use up
It is an excellent deal, and special pricing is also available on 15 January sailing, as well as East Med 12 night itinery on 24th January and 14th February. We considered doing a B2B giving 21 nights, but we were on the Jade last month and decided 9 nights would do! Would only have cost another £400 for the 12 nights, and flights are the same basically.

Hope you manage to get the deal. If you need to you could try the line that the web-site was down etc. The deal we got was for the 2 of us a total of $1144.07 for the cruise inside guarantee and $125 OBC. The US tel. no. is 1-800-344-0401

Good luck, and do let us know!
A whole month without any deals being posted :( must be a record? I guess the next tranche will begin after Christmas?

Anyway I will keep checking back to see what hamrag, TravelMandy and the like unearth next. I guess they must be away cruising rather than keep looking for the best offer like me.

Bye :wave:
Mrke wrote:
A whole month without any deals being posted :( must be a record? I guess the next tranche will begin after Christmas?

Anyway I will keep checking back to see what hamrag, TravelMandy and the like unearth next. I guess they must be away cruising rather than keep looking for the best offer like me.

Bye :wave:

Yes, this must be something of a record and wish I was cruising somewhere warm during this freezing cold weather. Most of the good deals around a couple of months ago were T/A's and they will all be taking place, or almost completed as I write.

You are correct that it will be after Christmas, and into the New Year, before activity picks up again but sometimes during December good deals are available. A worthwhile one at present is with http://www.cruise365.com who are offering free gratuities and on board credit for the Greek/Ageaen cruises on Norwegian Gem next year.
I've just booked on the Celebrity Eclipse for 21 Aug 2010 sailing through cruisekings. 14 night cruise.

Seems to be a pretty good deal:
£1,359 per person
5 bottles of wine - must prebook choices
Free speciality dining experience with champagne
$200 onboard credit
Free upgrade from ocean view to de luxe balcony.
Free car parking

I was going to hold out and see what comes up nearer next summer but this looked too good to pass up. I even managed to get 2 adjoining cabins.

What do you guys think?

Now I await any deals on the Azura for July. P&O are refusing to discount but something might turn up nearer the summer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.