Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lazer eye
4 Posts
I wouldn't have it done anywhere. I spoke to various opticians when I was considering it and they all said not too as it's still in it's infancy despite being around 20 odd years. My mate had it done 5 years ago and at first they left one of the flaps unattached on his eye and now his sight has reverted back to how it was anyway.
I now know lots of people that have had this done successfully, (there is always going to be someone where something went wrong though and I agree it does put you off when you here this.) I don't imagen its that common in turkey though. We met a plastic surgeon once on holiday on a gulet cruise and his work was mostly about working on people after accident.fire or illness, not about cosmetic surgery.
I know a few people who have had it done successfully too. I also know it is quite popular in Turkey and I have seen loads of adverts in the Turkish papers and on Turkish tv. Plastic surgery is also very popular among both Turkish and tourists as it is a lot cheaper than in the UK.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.