Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
To be honest, if its stuff like beach towels, sun creams, paperbacks, hairbrushes, shorts etc etc I would, but if it's valuables like cameras, PSP, Ipods, mobiles I wouldn't. I dont think it is any less safe or more safe than anywhere else. Perhaps I am over cautious. :(
Why does it say off-line when I am on-line ? Weird :think
:que

Egypt is just as safe as Greece and you certainly won't have any problem from the locals stealing from you (unless your trying to buy something :D ) however the biggest problem would be fellow tourists.
You are taking a huge chance leaving items unattended in any country as there are no 100% safe locations, I wouldn't recommend leaving anything unattended.
think it might be easier to just leave things back at the hotel, still a long way off till we go yet, once xmas is out of the way, we can start to really look forward to going ;)
I must confess i am very trusting, i take a large bag with me with a zipper. In it is my £350 camera, x 2 Ipods, sun glasses, sun cream, mags and books. I have never had anything stolen from the beach or pool in 8 years. I cover my bag with the towel/ or pop it under the sun-bed.
we take a few things with us....a little money..enough for lunch..sometimes our camera...a couple of fish reference books...our hotel key(!!) when we go into the sea, and we go for hours on end, we just put everything in a bag and put it under the sunbed out of sight with our towel over it all.

we've never had any trouble and not heard of anyone who has.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.