Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi all .. :wave ..as anyone tried the executive lounge at leeds/bradford airport we have seen it quoted at 12 £ per person is it worth it :?: gratefull for any replies...........regards........john-doe....
It's OK John, gets you away from the crowds.
There isn't much in the way if food though, just cheese & biscuits (savoury and sweet), crisps, nuts and that's it I think.
They have beers of course.
hi private pyle... :wave ..thanks for info.will try it then...regards...........john-doe.......
Jet2.com plans major expansion from Leeds Bradford .. click here for more.

David :wave
Its all well and good Jet2 announcing more and more flights from Leeds Bradford, when are they going to do something about the airport, it is an awful experience now checking in up there, right from the wait to get in the car park and then finding you are parked nearer Otley than the airport, through to the fact that the departure lounge just isnt big enough any more.
Agree eric. The current drop off arrangements are far from satisfactory and are an accident waiting to happen - they have been like that since July and nothing seems to have been done to sort it out.

Having drop offs in the short stay car park is a crazy idea - the car park is full and you only get about 5 minutes free so everyone stops where they can.

We were there yesterday and arrived at the sametime as a flight from Malaga - 500 passengers trying to get away from the airport, most in cars and private hire cabs, these aren't allowed to the terminal! Cars were queuing on the main road in both directions.

One idiot driver didn't help by parking in the left hand exit lane of the short stay car park and leaving their car, reducing capacity of the exit road by 50%.
travel lodge leeds bradford airport

just about to book a family room here does anyone know if there is a burger king or little chef within the hotel grounds also how much would it be in a taxi from the train station (leeds) to the travel lodge
Taxi would be very expensive for Train Station, however there is a bus that runs about every 30 mins from outside the station and drops off right outside the hotel. There is only a pub near the hotel and also a nice fish and chip shop!!
thank you for answering post andy you dont happen to know the bus number i will need do you? i am a single parent travelling with 3 children i live 5 minutes from newcastle airport but with mucher cheaper flights from leed bradford decided to fly from there going to either get national xpress to leeds or the train whichever is cheaper so it will probably be the bus thanks again catherine
hello

I have booked a travel lodge at leeds bradford airport its a family room i have made a big mistake have booked it for the wrong night as its a saver room i cant get money back or change the date is this usefull to anyone if so get in touch and i will forward you the email nearly forgot to tell the you the date its booked for the 29th july 2008 i fly that day should of booked it for 28th
Looking for cheap car parking for 8 days.... best price is 40 pounds... much more expensive than glasgow or manchester where i can park for about 25 pounds.. anyone have links or phone numbers for cheap car parking for leeds / bradford..thnx
try holidayextras I think it was roughly £31 when i went to lanzarote for a week last year not deadly sure though :think
As already mentioned by me in the BMI thread, from the end of this month BMI will stop their daily service from Leeds Bradford to Copenhagen. The only way you can do this trip now is via Edinburgh. A journey that now takes about 5 hours.
bmi also announced the end of services to the capital from the end of the month

As for Copenhagen, you could try Manchester or Newcastle

Cimber Air fly from Newcastle to Copenhagen
I have rebooked with SAS from Birmingham. As I live in Nottinghamshire that's just as close as Leeds for us. Flight times are very good and the cost of the tickets were the same as I had paid to BMI.
I refer to a letter in the Yorkshire Evening Post last night which said that new rules at LBA meant that you can now only drop off at the drop off zone with a 5 min time limit and not be allowed to return within one hour. This seems grossly unfair, what about private hire drivers as they are not exempt, what if they have more than one drop off in the hour, what are they supposed to do?

They also have a non refundable policy for the trolleys which will affect the infirm, elderly and families, another money maker. :tut :no

I travel from LBA because it's convenient to where I live but I really think that they making things very difficult and expensive.

I noticed that the last time I travelled from there that they now charge 50p or £1 (I'm not sure now) for a clear plastic bag from a vending machine to put small toiletry items into prior to going through security.

When I travelled to Las Vegas last August from Manchester, these bags were free of charge, why can't Leeds offer this?

Sue :)
SUE ALLEN,

Your post might be better placed on the Leeds Bradford Airport thread. David will probably move it for you later. While I can see your point of view, why would you need more than 5 minutes to drop people off? especially if it's a private hire vehicle? If it's family who want to wave you off, they can use the short stay car park, but that'll cost you. Many other airports operate a similar system and is as a result of security changes following the Glasgow Airport events. Some airport only allow private drop offs via the short stay carpark where you get 15 minutes free. A drop off should only a couple of minutes at most; let passengers out, unload luggage, make payment if needed then on their way. It would be traffic chaos if they allowed anything longer. You'll find Manchester charge £1 for the clear plastic bags as well now. Just take you own, you can get a box of 25 for under £1 at a supermarket!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.