Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
From LBA website. First 5 mins are free. Return within 30 mins will incur a charge.

Have a look here; http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/pickupanddropoff.php

fwh
Aww thank you fwh, I'll take a look at that now.

So it is new.... it used to be 15 mins. It's puzzling me though how they would know if you returned within 30 mins. :think :que I wonder if you have to key in your registration or something.

Sue :)
bit more info on the drop off chargers here

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Anger-over-LeedsBradford-airport39s-fiveminute.5283839.jp

also not sure if it has come into force yet the pound you put in your trolly is now none refundable. so with that in mind its not worth trailing back to return your trolly so the car parks will be more full of trollys than cars
due to the massive complaints reguarding the "5" minute drop of time limit. it as now been rejected and gone back to its original 10 minute free pickup/drop off :tup
My neice has just been to leeds-Brd and said it is 5mins and you now have to pay £1 for trolley non returnable,what a cheek.

Maryb
We are going to L/B airport in 2 weeks time. My brother is dropping us off/picking us up, is there anywhere he can drop us off that doesn't involve him having to go into the aiport as such as I've heard the cost is pretty nasty.

My friend drove us there the other week when we all flew to Alicante and I noticed it doesn't seem far from the initial barrier to the entrance (the sloping one) so could we feasibly get out at the end of that small turn in or is it going to be too much waffle?

Thanks
We flew out of Leeds last year and the security guys don't give you the chance to drop off or pick up on the sloped area. The car park has the first 5 mins free so if you can get unloaded promptly and get the car out before having to part with an unreasonable amount of your hard earned then that's probably the easiest option as it's only a short stroll from the car park to the terminal entrance.
Hi Glynis, if I went across the fields from my house I could walk to LBA lol. Anyway, it was in the local paper that the drop off/pick up time is 10mins, and that's free. Don't know if this has changed or not, but it was only a few weeks ago I read it. I'm off from there on Wednesday, but if I have time I will pop up and have a look for you tomorrow.
Glynis, hubby has just been up there, and thinks it would be awkward to get out of there without going through the barrier, especially if another car was behind. What they told him was that pick up/drop off is up to 10 mins free. You get your ticket at the barrier machine, then put it back in when the drop off is finished, less than 10 mins, no charge, over 10 mins £2.50, and no return within 30 mins.
We always put the car in the garage and get a taxi, so don't take much notice really.
I have just rung and booked the taxi for Wednesday, and they told me the same thing, 10 mins free......... :tup
Aww thanks both :kiss will get hubby, son and I to do a dummy 'grab yer suitcase and run', hopefully free. £2.50 to drop off - scandalous. Return gonna be awkward :cry
Thanks though :tup
Just get your brother to wait in a side street near the airport and call him when you're standing outside with the luggage.

luci :wave
There is a Travelodge hotel a couple of mins down the road, maybe he could wait in the car park there for the pick up? This is the address....

Travelodge Bradford Airport Hotel...
Whitehouse Lane, Yeadon, Leeds L19 7 TZ
For which airline? The charters should be released on wednesday. This is specific to the airlines, not Leeds Bradford airport.

Darren
Just wondering what TCX will drop or add at LBA and TFLY.
To clear up the drop off charges issue. It's 10mins free and no return in 30min. it does cause a lot of problem but at the end of the day is is a RAPID pick up and drop off. They have installed ANPR cameras now so they can tell if you've been in before and trust me the DO check!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.