General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I don't have any personal experience but my first port of call would be the local council's licencing office. If they don't know they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Good luck.
Hi! I don't know if its a legal requirement, but in today's day & age I certainly would, for your own peace of mind if no one else's.
I've only been asked to show my passport at a hotel in Spain, never in any other country.
The reason hotels ask for your passport is because they scan them and the details are sent directly to the police station.
We've also had to hand over our passports, whether it's been a hotel or self catering, and in all countries we've visited - Turkey, Italy, Greece, Venezuela, Madiera to name a few.
Is it maybe something to do with the tax people collecting their share of your profits, and the amount of tax you pay depends on where your visitors come from?
I've no idea really, but like the previous posters I'd check with your council, your tax office and maybe the police too. :hmmm
Hope your venture goes well.
We have also been to Turkey many times and to Greece, and have never been asked for our passports. It maybe depends on the individual who checks you in.
due to the way of life and what is happenening around the world, i would have a registration sheet made up, with name, country of orgin, passport number, car registration, ect, then at least you have a full record of all your guests if you need or asked for this infomation from higher authorites

but thats just been me to keen for my own good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.