Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
When I asked Princess Cruises what the currency would be on the Sea Princess this year when she sails from Southampton, I was told it would be USD. I have kept a couple of hundred from a recent trip to the US for tipping so I hope this is still the case.

luci :wave
has anyone been on this ship please
thanks
yes we have been on this ship sailed 2-16th July 2005, e-mail me any questions and i will be happy to answer them....had a fantastic time, no negative comments, hope that helps.

Edit to remove email address for member's security as per T&C's. Please use PM facility for contact. luci - HT Mod
Have returned from our cruise now, and can confirm that:

Bottle of Wine £15.00 upwards to £50.00
Pint of Stella £2.00
Gin and Tonic £2.60
Champagne £40.00 for a good one
Soda Package (Kids) £2.00 per day

Had a great time, but a few wee niggly naggly things that got on my nerves.

Sailaway from Southampton was disappointing. No live band, just some backing music, with the Entertainment Director saying a few words. Unfortunately, the speakers were off, so we couldn't hear what he was saying. There was no pazzazz, just a quiet slip down the Solent.

Kids Clubs not very good. Some of the kids staff looked bored, and spent most of their energy telling the little kids not to go out of the door. Maybe a simple barrier like most creches have nowadays would be more effective. One person in particular (I won't name her - initials JL who was English) looked absolutely miserable and hardly cracked a smile. However, the other two girls (Kit Kat was one) seemed more lively and friendly.

Entertainment was a bit patchy. The Royal Caribbean dancers/singers did some good shows, one the first week and two the next I think. Most enjoyable. As for the other entertainers that they brought onboard, I thought they were mostly very disappointing. The only exception was Jacqui Scott (Evita, Cats, Les Mis etc etc) who was absolutely tremendous. What a voice.

Not exactly a "West End Show" every night. This is our third cruise, and the entertainment on Celebrity and Norwegian was far superior.

The pool band was very repetitive, but luckily enough, they only came on for two or three songs at a time, then disappeared again. I love reggae music, but maybe they should learn some more tunes. I don't know who chose the CD that they played at the pool, one day it was 1940's wartime Glenn Miller type stuff (on repeat, so it played over and over and over again - aarrgghhh), the next day it was screechy heavy rock stuff. Advice: Tune into any local radio station - they'll show you how it's done - nice up to date music, and non offensive to any section of your listening public.

Well, you'll be thinking that I didn't have a very good time, but that isn't the case. I had a fabulous holiday, which would have been absolutely fabulous if those wee things were just a little better.
  • Edited by annied 2005-08-03 13:28:46
Hi Annied and thanks for your comments which I'm sure will help future passengers.

If you would like to leave a more permanent review you can do so by clicking on Cruise Reviews at the top of the page. You can copy and paste your review above if you wish.

Hi all, information from people who have been on RCI-LOS about their prices for alcoholic cocktails. Are cocktails included in the drink package or is it just for wines. Thanks in advance.
Hello all,
Booked above cruise but cannot decide on dining time. Been on Sunbird-now Destiny, was on first sitting for evening meal and was than able to catch the 1st show. I believe the show was repeated for the late meal sitting. Is this the same on the Legend of the Sea. Info required on this subject and on any other useful tip for this RCI ship. Thanks
Information about these staterooms sought. Silly question but how are they connected e.g. where is the connecting door?. Thanks in advance
Hi jayl

I have merged your posts with a topic already open on the Legend of the Seas. You will find information on drinks prices on the earlier posts.

Have just booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean staying on the Legend of the Seas - Mediterranean Treasures Cruise
Does anyone have any info (good or bad)
We are two adults and have two teenagers 13 and 15
We sail on the 14th of Aug
Hi Jackie and welcome to the Cruise forum!

I have merged your post with a similar topic and you may find some information in earlier posts.

If you click on Cruise Reviews at the top of the page you can read our reviews on this ship.

Hi there,

Is anyone else on this cruise, calling at Vigo, Lisbon, La Rochelle and St Peter Port?

All advice on the ship and these ports gratefully received.

17 days to go and I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Jackie.
Hi Jackie,

Although not going on this cruise (though wish i was) we did the same route on Oceana last June, and it was fab. The ship we really enjoyed. I posted a lengthy review on this site under cruise reviews.
The ports were all lovely too, we did our own thing purely because we had children and i don't think they would have enjoyed an organised tour.

We arrived in Vigo, and you can walk to the town from here. We stopped off at little bars and cafe's and the kids had ice cream in each one !! They thought it was their birthdays !!

Lisbon arrival was quite hectic. They laid on buses to take you to the town centre and we had a lengthy wait. The day we went there it was extremely hot so did not stay in town long. As you approach Lisbon it has a wonderful bridge reminded me of San Francisco Golden Gate. The trams were very popular in Lisbon, take a tour if you can.

La Rochelle again, you have to take a coach in as it is quite a way. I enjoyed this pretty town.

Guernsey was memorable. Because of a heavy mist in St Peter Port we had to anchor out of port. They then take you in on tender boat. You have to be issued with a ticket to get on the boat and they call you in blocks of 100. Huge queue to get the tickets and then a long wait. It was a shame because Guernsey was really where I wanted to spend more time. It took us 3 hours from docking to get over onto Guernsey, most time waiting to be called. However, did what loads of people did....went to M&S and bought sandwiches and strawberries and watched the world go by whilst looking out to port!!!

This was our first cruise ever and we loved it. In fact we have just booked again for next April on Oceana and my parents are coming too.

Enjoy.................you'll love it. Which deck are you on ??
Bye for now.
oooops !!!!!!

sorry jackie, i thought you were travelling on oceana.

i did'nt read the text properly :no

so ignore the cruise review, but hope that the towns kind of help you.
Hi there Enchanted One,

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Although they're different ships the port information is very useful, and the tendering is probably much the same, so that's really useful.

Any more tips out there? Or anyone else going on this cruise?
Hi There :D
We were thinking about booking a cruise with royal carribean on the ledgend of the seas doing greece and the eastern med.
There will be 7 alltogether (2 familys)- 3 children 16, 14 and 8 and 4 adults.
I Have cruised with thomson on destiny before, and many have said royal carribean ships are far better.
Just wondering if anybody could give me any info on the ship and how its run and the company that the travel agents wont and wether you think its worth our while booking up !
Thanks very much in advance
Holidaysinthesun
:D
Oh also how old is the ship? has it been refurbished? and the decor?
Thank you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.