Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Leger Holidays
16 Posts
just been to paris with leger there brilliant :)
Again, I used Leger a lot when I worked on the high street. Very good value, nice coaches and friendly drivers, Go ahead, you will be fine with Leger.
Hi, I recently did Spectacular Austria all inclusive usin the Silver Service. It was fabulous, Coach was really comfortable and clean, the service was first class,drivers great fun and very informative about all areas we visited, the hotels were also top class.
I most certainly intend to take another holiday with this company in the very near future.
hope this has offered you some reassurance and you have a Great holiday! :)
Thanks for your replies. Only 18 days till we go.

Cheers

Phil.
We have been back since last Sunday the 28th and have been trying to get on to Leger's Forum but it is down and has been all week. I wonder why, may be the holiday but it would have been nice to see some other people from our holiday on there?

Phil.
But did you enjoy your holiday?
Yes we did enjoy our holiday on the Four Countries Tour over Xmas 2008.

We stayed at the Novotel Hotel on the fringe of Brussels airport on the way out and on the way back. Very good hotel, modern clean and bright and a recommendation for anyone travelling that way but off the regular tourist route.

Our destination was Feldkirch on the Austria / Leichenstien border and the four star Holiday Inn.

But this hotel is not a personal recommendation, not as modern as the previous one, cold food for the hot breakfast brigade even after complaints by the tour drivers and little things not provided, such as butter and spoons.

The bath and shower in our room was poor quality with water going everywhere all over the bathroom floor which made it dangerous.

These sort of things took the shine off part of the holiday, but the coach drivers Tony Bunting and Mike Moore were fantastic, they went out of their way to provide a good experience. Tony had his wife Linda with him and she pitched in as well.

We went to Fussen, Vaduz, Andermatt and the Glacier Express, St Anton and Lech as day excursions.

We were glad we travelled Silver Service, lot's of leg room and the lounge area in the back of the 34 seater coach.

The change over from the feeder coach was interesting, we changed on the way out at Folkestone and on the way back at Calais. What do they do when it rains?

Our suitcases and people were standing out in the open both times and on the way back it was absolutely freezing, so my wife told me, I was in sandals due to a toe problem and she allowed me to board the coach to get out of the draught. (In case you wonder I had to get into shoes (ouch) at St Anton and Lech)

Phil.
I can only say how very, very fortunate you were to have Tony Bunting as your driver/courier. He was probably too modest to tell you that he was 2007 Leger Driver of the Year. It is not hard to fathom why. I have taken seven trips with Leger over the past 3 years and no-one has come even close to the calibre of Tony Bunting. Congratulations Tony, I did not even know your award when you took us to Brussels. Leger, I hope you realise what a great asset you have. Also his compatriot from the same coach company, Dave, is just as pleasant and agreeable. I wish all my trips with Leger were like the one with Tony and Dave from Battersby Coaches. They were real gentlemen.
I actually mean Tony was 2008 Driver of the Year but the years are all a bit confused right now as we enter a new one!
We did not have Dave, we had Mike Moore from Battersby and yes we knew of the award as we were given a Leger holiday's promotional brochure. Mike had a good rapport with Tony and dressed up as Father Xmas on the coach and on the Glacier Express.

The grotty bit was the second hotel. I see that Leger have revamped their web site may be the reason for it being down over Xmas.

Phil.
Just as an addendum, the new web site mentions a forum but when you click on it it does not take you any where at the moment accept to more holiday options. I will wait with bated breath and anticipation.

Phil.
Just had a letter cancelling our Leger Dutch river cruise and visit to Keukenhof park for the spring bulbs - "operational difficulties" - I wonder what that means?

Ok - got to look for alternatives...
Leger forum is back up.

Phil.
"operational difficulties"

Could mean "in this economic climate we have to cancel some of our tours and this is one of them".
Alan, did you get a replacement holiday offered?

Phil.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.