Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I am staying at the Lena next week, we fly out on Tuesday, :D i will post a review on my return
We are visiting Elounda for the first time and staying at Lena's apartments (booked through Manos - now Thomas Cook) Has anyone stayed there recently - whats its like. Thanks
hi welcome to the Greek forums of HT

have you looked at the members reviews yet??

yasoo
wizard
Hi I went here in 2004 for my 21st and have rebooked to go this Sept. Lena apts as far as we are concerned are fantastic. They are basic but have everything for a relaxing holiday and since I don't go on hol to cook we don't use the kitchenette anyway. We only use the fridge as we like experiencing the local resort. The pool is small but adequate for a dip to cool off. Pool bar is great and the apts are just across the road from the beach.
Elounda itself is a quaint little village and very authentic which we really enjoy, you do sit with the locals in the village square in the evening and from our experience the restaurants do anything to please. I hope this helps and if you need anything more let me know.
We went in 2004 and have rebooked to go this year. Apartments are basic, some people moan that they only had maid service twice a week and had to empty their own bins - I have yet to go to a greek resort self catering where you get maid service every day and someone to empty your bin!!
They are in a great location and the resort is fantastic - local greek - you can actually sits with the locals in the town square in the evening as they relax with a cigar and drink!!
A holiday is what you make it and yes it is basic, I am a travel agent and I have sent many people to Elounda and the Lena and I have yet to meet one of my clients that hate it. Once you have been there you won't want to go anywhere else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.