Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
OMG your poor mother. I do hope she gets better soon.
Hi Ovacik,

Sorry to hear about your mother; it sounds dreadful!

Just out of interest, who's liable for the costs in all of this? Are Focus Travel responsible in any way? They've obviously got insurance for this kind of thing happening.

To be honest, I'm surprised more people don't slip on some of those boats. When they depart in the morning the sea is fairly calm, but when they return (about 6'ish) they often have trouble keeping the gangplank down - the waves hit it with such force that I've seen people being thrown about 4 foot in the air as they cling on to the handrails. :shock: It happened to me once. It's safer to take a boat trip from Fethiye harbour - just for that reason.

I know what you mean about the Letoon Hospital. I had to go there once, and was amazed it was a private hospital; it didn't inspire confidence at all.

Hope your mother is on the mend.

Strawberry
Ovacik so sorry to hear about your mum and glad she is now on the mend, not had the displeasure to visit the named Hospital.

We stayed in Fethiye some years ago and booked a boat trip which they said would be leaving from Olu Deniz. We didn't question this as we had no experience of it and thought it would be the regular walking up a relatively safe platform from a harbour or jetty onto the boat. When we arrived the boats were lined up along the shore and you had to board them from a platform that lifted each time a wave came in making it very dangerous especially if you have mobility problems. My mum had not been swimming for ** years and was petrified when a wave struck her and she nearly fell in the sae and a gentleman in our party judged the timing wrong getting off and badly sprained his ankle.

No disrespect but i find it surprising that more accidents have not been reported.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.