Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I wondered where my post had gone - thanks Luci! :)

Denny,
thanks for replying. I just have to convinve hubby now that this is the one for us! ;)
Anybody been to the Letoonia Golf Resort in Belek?

We've booked to go next year with young children and most reports seem great apart from the Russians! we're going 30th June 2009.

Are the bungalows far from the main complex? Is there much noise from the disco? How easy is it to get sunbeds?

Any comments that people have would be welcomed
Whilst your waiting for some replies, why not check out our review section HERE

Kath x
Not been to this hotel ,but been to belek ten times now and i am afraid you will get more russians than any other nationalities in belek ,it is because belek is just a couple of hours from moscow .They can be quite arogant ,but i have met a few nice ones ,trick is to not let them bother you.I let them of with a public warning at first but if they do not heed that then i am afraid they get back more than what they give .Word soon gets round and they leave you alone Just enjoy your holiday belek is lovely.

Bluepeterno1
Hi, We too have booked this hotel for nexy year in July. Sounds like a great place would be intrested to know are you transfering from Antalya airport in a taxi or a shuttle bus? I have been quoted £100 return for the 4 of us in a shuttle bus, but thought it may be cheaper to get a taxi. What are you doing? Look forward to any replies on this. Also if anyone has been here before I wondered if I wanted to for a walk on a n eveing with the family is it too far to the town or is it walkable? many thanks Spotty Dog.
We've booked with Thomson and they're providing transfer for us. Guess I just need to wait and see what they give us when we land! It does look like a fab place but it's always good to get opinions and tips from people that have actualy been there.
Hopefully we can get loads of info before we fly out next year.
Caz
We were there last year thought it was a cracking hotel. Yes, the Russian's seemed to hold court there but we never had any problems and all the staff seemed to understand us and were Scottish. The food was second to none and the beach was great as it was only a short walk away. Belek was a short taxi run away but have to say the shop keepers seemed to be in your face. I'm sure if you go there to have a good time you will. :cheers
Hi Caz, I priced our holiday with thomson and it came out at some silly price because there are four of us and my youngest son is classed now as an adult that meant 2 rooms with 2 in each. I think they quoted us 6,000.
I decided to do it myself and booked flights, hotel with travel republic but no transport as yet. Final price £3,927 which was a better price. just need to sort transport now. Do they provide beach towels do you know as that saves on the packing big time. Spotty Dog.
Hi spottydog,
yes they provide beach towels. From what I've read, you get a token to get towels when you arrive at hotel. There is a hut near the pool that opens 9am(?) for everybody to get towels. Don't know if this stops the dawn raid of sunbeds though. I've had an awful experience this year in Ibiza with people getting up at 6am to bag sunbeds then going back to sleep til 1pm!!!! Hope this doesn't happen here
Caz
caz, me too thats not much of a holiday when yuo have to be up earlier than when your at home. Hopefully with it being a high star rating that wont happen, fingers crossed. I think the hut opening at 9am sounds good, but we went to the Agean Dream Resort last year and that had the same set up with the towels, but people who had not handed there towels back on the evening put them out early the exchanged them when the man opened his hut up at 9am. Do you know how far it is to Belek town, thinking we might like a walk on some days. Spotty Dog.
Hi Guys,

I too am heading to Letoonia Golf Resort on 30 June for 2 weeks. Me, hubby and two kids (age 8 and 5) are really looking forward to it. We have booked the bungalow - twin room and I just hope it is spacious enough for us!

I am quite apprehensive, not having been to Turkey before with the children - just hope the food and heat is not unbearable! Kids can be quite fussy eaters, so fingers crossed all will be well.

I am hoping that there will be more British at the hotel due to the hotel being in Thomsons and Thomas Cook brochures. Don't get me wrong I am not looking for the typical british holidaymakers in full force, but would just like to hear some familiar languages and to help the kids make some friends around the pool and at kids clubs!

Any advice, feedback or tips would be most welcome.

Take care, Kaz T :cheers
Hi all will be visiting letoonia 23rd july for two weeks,
looking forward to it big group of us two families and grandpa.
you wont miss us so ill apologise in advance
been to turkey before love it the dry heat is liveable, but you need to watch the kids at hottest times.
best to have t-shirts on them in full sun even in water
less than five weeks to go and counting!! :sun2
Hi all,
Just returned from a week at Letoonia Golf and have left a full report on the reviews page.
My tips would be.
Take a plug if you want to use the bath, the showers are hard to get going but OK when you get the knack.
Book your Al a Cart restaurants as soon as you arrive, otherwise you wont get in. Food isn't better there but the wine is and its nice to be waited on.
The spa is very nice and there are lots of facilities you can use for free in there.
Thanks for your post.

Sounds like you had a good holiday.

Getting quite excited only 5 and a half weeks to go and counting.....

We are really looking forward to the holiday, just get quite apprehensive as its our first time in Turkey and hope all is good for the children.

Can you advise is their an ATM on site???

Cheers Kaz :cheers
Hi all,

Has anyone been to the Letoonia Golf Resort in Belek this year? There are no new rviews for 2011 and I was looking for a few questions to be answered such as pool towel service, if there are mozzies and what drinks are on the AI list.

Thanks.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Was there a few years ago, you get a card that you change for a towel (They were cracking big beach towels). There is mozzies but they fumigate the place at night time, we never had any problems with them. You got a bottle of wine at the table at night or you could help yourself from the big barrels, local beer and spirits were under the AI list along with certain cocktails. My wife had a few Baileys which I had to pay for but the local stuff done me OK (Don't think the beer was Effe's though). I have to say we (2 adults & 2 children) thought it was a cracking hotel with its own beach maybe one of the best we have stayed in.

Give me a shout if you want anything else! :tup
Thanks for getting back to me.

My wife will be pleased that some cocktails are included but a shame there's no Efes. I hope that's changed since you were last there. We stayed at the Holiday Village in Sarigermie the last time we were in Turkey and were eaten alive by the mozzies. I think we should take the repellent just in case and the pool towel system sounds the same as the HV too.

Can you recall what time the restaurants open for dinner and was it a bun fight with long queues?
I didn't see an ATM there. There was one in Kadryia (not sure spelling) and in Belek I was in a money changing place and they used their card machine to cash lire.

Your kids will definately have a great time at Letoonia. There is a large animation team which do all sorts of things throughout the day. You could see that the children adored them

If you do want to venture outside the hotel I can recommend the following places to visit.
Aspendos - Fabulous ampitheatre (they do a trip there at night where they have a performance of a kind of Turkish Riverdance with fire)
Antalya Harbour was lovely
Duden Waterfall (you can go behind the waterfalls)
Rafting (Didn't actually do it but went to the area. It was quite a long drive but was beautiful)

A link to some picures. (My camera was faulty, so I've not posted many this year)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madjap/sets/72157605212074153/
Dadooronron your replying to a 2009 post;

But as they said the pool's, animation team and kids clubs were great. A wee note on the kids club, when we were there it was run by about 5 Russian girls that were great with our kids and it gave us a couple of hours to our self a couple of times.

We went to the Roman village it's about 30 mins away just a hell of a heat when we went.

The meals at night were brill they had a few different themed nights but there was plenty of places and loads of food. If I remember correct their was a couple of a la Carte restaurant that you will need to pre book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.