Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Martin

Have a look at this posting http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=110189

If you read this it will give you an idea of how it needs to be done. This is an actual letter that was sent to the TO.

You first need to put together your version of the events.

For anyone to help they will need your version of what did or did not happen.

Welcome to HT - we are a friendly bunch and do like to help when we can.

fwh
I am a little confused.

Are you from and based in New Zealand with all bookings and all your insurances in New Zealand? If so you are going to need someone with knowledge of NZ law to help.

Normally legal assistance from your Travel Insurance is not there to persue matters against a tour operator but more for injury,accident claims. If your claim is strong then you may well get a company to offer a no win/no fee service.

Here in the UK I would imagine it would be difficult to claim for all your flights and holiday accommodation becuase your hotel room had a window that didnt lock

I think a little more information might be required if members here are to help.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Hello Thomask,

Any claim must surely have a realistic aim. I don't think it is realistic to be talking in terms of a Full Refund of all your parties costs, particularly including flights, when the only real complaint is that you had one window in one room which wasn't lockable/secure.

You also have some responsibility to exhibit due care and attention, and it seems that you left your wallet in a room which you knew to be unsecured, rather than taking it with you or locking it away in a safe.

I would suggest that you might have a claim against your insurer for the loss of your wallet - this claim depends on your insurance policy and any exclusions or excesses that may apply. They will probably insist on a crime number to process your claim. Fortunatley you seem to have this, but I wonder whether the police report mentions, the unsecured window, in which case your insurers would be within their rights to refuse your claim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.