Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
joules79,

We have the Litera Icmeler Relax Hotel down as being formerly the Idas with member reviews HERE

Darren
Cannot help with the accommodation, never heard of it, but Icmeler is a pretty good resort, better by far than neighbouring Marmaris which is just like Benidorm, okay I suppose if you like Benidorm but otherwise...
Anyway, I would say that most low cost accommodation in Turkey really does reflect the fact that it is low cost, as opposed to some countries where it can be of a surprisingly high standard. Also, air con. is usually an extra to be paid for by the day or week, and prices vary widely.
In general Turkey reminds me of many countries where tourism has only really taken off in the past couple of decades, in that it is trying to run before it can walk, and what suffers most is 'customer services'.
But there are plenty of beautiful places in the general location of Icmeler and a lovely pine forest which is a national park.
Just don't expect European standards.
Sorry, I mean to say air conditioning in the last reply and for some reason it came out as question marks.
ardath

the censoring software replaces the shortened version of "conditioning" with ????.

I have to say that although not familiar with the Litera, we found in Icmeler that cheap didn't necessarily mean rubbish.

We stayed cheap self catering and loved it!

If I can get a deal I might even go back in October!!

Dave
Dave,

Thanks for that thought that the problem with the question marks was a senior moment.

No offence meant by what I said regarding low cost accommodation, am just comparing it with accommodation in other countries, and I would never say 'rubbish', unless of course I knew for sure that the accommodation was 'rubbish', I think that 'basic' would be more suitable.
I go to Icmeler at least once a year and last year met a couple who had never been to Turkey before and were at one of the Litera hotels. They were told by the travel agent they were going to a five star hotel so believed what they were told.However they ate out with us every night and said it wouldnt put them off ever going back as they loved Icmeler.
It cost them quite a bit more than we had paid for B&B so they ended up spending more than they thought.
I would take some extra money to allow for eating out.
I do wonder why travel agents dont tell customers the Litera hotels are not 4-5star :que
This is a problem when booking anywhere abroad, the star system of grading hotels must be one of the most abused internationally, for my family have been to hotels that have been advertised as 2/3 star which have been more like 5 star and equally hotels that are advertised as 4/5 star that are more like 2/3 star hotels.
The best thing to do is read other guests reviews.
Star ratings should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I would look it up on the big tour operators websites or brochures and their own ratings will probably give you a better idea i.e.TTT

John
I don't think you will be dissapointed with Icmeler...
No, we were not disappointed with Icmeler, it is much smaller and not as brash as Marmaris, I also feel that it is prettier, which is why we took the dolmus every day from Marmaris where we were staying to Icmeler.
The market there on a Wednesday is also better than the market in Marmaris that they hold on a Thursday, it is less crowded and you don't get hassled as much, though unfortunately you do get hassled.
The beaches are much sandier and free, but you will feel obliged to pay for a drink or two from the bar/hotel that owns the beach.
Also, if you hotel is not on the beach and you prefer swimming in a pool to cool down rather than taking a dip in the sea, you can do both if you use the free beach near the 'Liberty Bell' bar, where the owner lets those using the beach to also use the pool in his beachside hotel, this was great for us because we have a daughter who will not swim in the sea because it ruins her hair but will quite happily use a pool.
thanks everyone.

we're going with open minds.

like everone has said the resort itself is cheap enough to eat out, which we were planning on doing a couple of nights.

on the subject of eating out are there any good chinese restaurants near the hotel?

cheers

joules
There are many Chinese restaurants in the resort and while I havent eaten in any of them my friend had a fabulous Chinese meal in Majestic on the canal when we were there last October.
i have stayed at this hotel. when it was the idas. and before that it was something else. it is a soft all inclusive hotel which means limited drink selection lager,vodka ,whisky, and brandy where free but even some soft drinks have to be paid for, entertainment looked like entertainers invited to come into the hotel and then went round with the hat for money, buskers really. food selection is not very large so get use to the same food. hotel room was crap curtain falling down aircon noisy as hell , not very clean at all. we went with goldtrail never again do not belive the star ratings for goldtrail as its the hotels themselves that rate themselves. downstairs toilet was flooded most of the time so wading through water or a long walk through the hotel to another toilet.

please go back to the travel agent and change your booking . icemeler is a great place with a lot better hotels and apartments than this one....
The central hotel here has never ever been called the Idas, The idas is across the road and is part of the complex of the three Litera hotels, The central part is where you all eat was called the Metropol at one point in time and several other names after that, I went last October and lasted three days as food was far to repetitive for me and also drinks (lager) was always flat. So the main part is called the Icmeler Deluxe and the other two parts Idas is now called Relax, And formerly Grand saral is also called relax.
Grand saral is also called relax
is it that one you going too my pal was there last year she said basic but clean
I have read bad reports on these places in Icmeler but they seem to be the cheapest for all inclusive. Are they really that bad?

All we want is somewhere to sleep, eat (but we will also eat out) and we will drink at the hotel on an evening before venturing around the bars etc!

Thanks

merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi folks,

our hotel is called icmeler resort, there is another hotel called icemler relax, from the brochure pages those in the relax eat in the icmeler resort.

as long as breakfast is edible and lunch fills a hole we'll look in at evening meal and if we don't fancy it theres all these fantastic restaurants you've all mentioned on other posts.
joules79, And that's the exact way to approach your holiday, Good luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.