Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Litera hotels
5 Posts
They used to be named Abacus so there will be reviews under this name.
i would be very careful booking a cheap all inc ive had a few in turkey and the food has been so bad that most of the time we had to eat out so ended up spending more , some of these can be whats called as soft all incs where theres no snacks, timed meal times ,drinks limited to certain times and usually close early around 11. hotels quite often change names if they have had a lot of bad reports and complaints, this isnt always the case but can be so try and find out some info or the name of the hotel last year
I would eat and drink out on an evening anyway so that wouldn't bother me really.

I am thinking the extra £50ish each for an basic All Inc rather than B&B may be worth it, even if just for lunch, snacks and a few beers before we go out?

After some research ive just found out the Gumbet Relax Resort I have been looking at used to be called the Simba Hotel. Does anyone know how far a walk it is from any bars or restaurants? I dont mind a short stroll but not to be too out the way!
Hi All
I have booked to stay at the Litera Gumbet Relax from the 9th of June for 1 week. I booked with First Choice Holidays, but the tour operator is Gold Trail. This hotel was called the Simba Hotel last year and was available through Thomsons. Infact Thomsons were taking bookings for it until recently, but they have now contacted those who did book with them to stay at the Simba to state that they no longer use this hotel and that they are being transfered to different accomadation.
Goldtrail also contacted people who were booked to stay at the Litera Gumbet Relax in early May to say that the hotel was not ready, and they were being transfered to a sister hotel.
I think the Litera Relax has now opened and I look forward to my stay in June. I hope the improvements that were done to the hotel shall be good enough to up the standards, as reports fdrom the Simba have been bad the past couple of years.

Robert
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.