Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
lively resort
7 Posts
probably kavos - loads of bars/clubs. although i'm going to sidari at the end of september and have been told that is pretty lively as well!
what i have been told is that kavos is dirty and that sidari is just as good but cleaner. but i dont know if thats true or not
yes i went to kavos about 6 years ago and it wasn't the cleanest but the nightlife was really good. not sure about sidari, can let you know in about 6 weeks!
Think Sidari will perfect for the youger eliment were there last year in our mid 60 it was not for us.
pojo
Greenshoes,

I had a week in Sidari in June '04 and it was quite a lively resort but certainly not as lively as typical '18-30' style resorts like Malia, Laganas and Faliraki. Me and my girlfriend were looking for somewhere with plenty of nightlife without being too hectic and Sidari was perfect for that. Although there are plenty of livelier bars offering two for one deals, free shots on entrance etc there is not an endless row of these, with people spilling out onto the streets, as in these other resorts. There are quieter bars mixed in with karaoki, singers, comedians, pub quizzes etc.

Sidari does have the advantage of having a nice beach with other even better beaches (eg Sunset Beach) close by.

I've personally never been to Kavos but have only ever heard bad reports - dirty, scruffy etc. For a young and lively resort I'd recommend Laganas (Zante) and Malia (Crete). I went to both a few years ago and really enjoyed them - the bits I can remeber anyway! These resorts seem to be the resorts most young people are flocking to this year.

Hope you have a good time wherever you end up!

Steve

Hope you enjoy wherever you end
i have been to laganas and loved it!! and this year was spent in las americas in tenerife. i do love the loud night life but what i find that is after a while i tend to go to the same places so if sidari had a good bunch i think it would bo okay. still deciding :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.