Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi all, I am travelling to Belfast via LJL airport and am not sure what the security situation is as I have only travelled to destinations outside of the UK from Liverpool. Do we have to go through the same X-ray scanners etc, or more to the point, how long would it take on an average saturday (lunchtime)?. We don't want to miss boarding because of queues to get throught security. Hope someone can help, many thanks

Mark 8)
mercdriver,

Security proceedures are the same regardless of destination. I'm not sure of times to get through security, but I'd allow at least 30 mins to be on the safe side. Lunchtime is fairly busy at LPL, it tends to have 3 peaks, early morning, lunchtime and evening.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I have now decided to leave a little earlier now that I have the info. Thank you

Mark 8)
The proposed £2 security charge is NOT in effect yet!!!
Alsacienne, Gt news about the proposed security charge not being in effect but do you have any idea when it will start. I am hoping it won't be for few months yet.
I'll being using the airport again on 16 May and will try to remember to ask!
Does anyone know if you can get a train or bus to Liverpool airport from Liverpool train station. Thanks
christine w,

Travel information is on LJA's website.

Darren
The City Council/Merseytravel are focusing their eforts quite well in establishing Liverpool South Parkway ( LSP) as the link Station for JLA.

There are proposals to widen the current route from LSP to JLA by an extra dedicated bus lane for anticipated traffic.

LSP is reached from all over the north west via regular train services that stop at LSP - cross penine services; Manchester; Crewe; Birmingham;etc. Merseyrail connections to northern and city lines.
Just found this on the news tonight. It appears Liverpool John Lennon Airport has been closed 'until further notice' due to heightened security.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mhkfqlkfeyau/

Just in case anyone is using this airport first thing in the morning or tonight.
Has anyone used the 'fast lane' security channel at L'pool ? Is the time saved worth the £5 charge for two people or is it so popular that there are more people in the 'fast lane' than there are in the normal queue for security ?
Experiences,good or bad, will be welcome.
Sagres - don't know if it is worth it . Local press has reported that not many passengers are using it.
Thanks becky.If not many people are using it,the queues there should be fairly small and it may be worth the extra £5 in that case.We're flying out ,on holiday, early morning-just when all the commuter flights will be leaving- and I didn't want to spend 40 minutes queueing for security like we did at Manchester in September.
Trouble brewing!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7088737.stm

Something to be aware of if you are flying from Liverpool in the next month, especially if you haven't booked yet.

If you buy tickets after a specific strike date is announced and the flight is later cancelled your insurance probably won't cover you - and the airline will only refund the flight.
It is reported today that the strike action has been settled and therefore should be ok.
Hi all

Does anyone know of the best place to stand / sit for photographing the planes at Liverpool.

People mention the old viewing area, but is this still open, or is there somewhere better.

Advertising removed. Please do not post any further recommendations for this company, which you fail to mention that you are associated with. Your other adverts disguised as unbiased recommendations have also been removed from this forum.
David HT Mod
fatandy1972,

It depends on the wind direction. If 27 is in operation, then the best place is to the east of the airport for landing / line-up shots. There's a small parking area off Dungeon Lane. You don't need much in the way of focal length since you are pretty close, no more than about 150mm for the jets and up to 300mm for GA's. If 09 is active, then you can get some shots of aircraft taxiing off the runway, but airbourne shots are limited. A few examples here. For more information, have a look at North West Air News.

Darren
Sagres - went through JLA last Thursday 6th December - didn't see one person use fast lane.

Security took no more than 10 - 12 mins to pass through at about 17.00hrs

Save your £2
we used the fast lane in august and october it gets you through very quickly and we could see that the normal security q was each time back up to the top of the stairs dont know how much time we saved but we thought it worth it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.