Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I used the long stay car park 1 back in January. Had no problems at all. Easy walking distance as immediately behind the short stay. When I arrived it said car park 1 full, but I thought I'd give it a try as there was bound to be the odd space!

Car park 2 would be a longer walk as its what I would call an overspill car park i.e. a bit further away.

Louise
Long stay - 5 min walk from terminal

Not sure if the new multi-storey is open yet
There is a new service to both Manchester and Liverpool airport, very good prices.

http://www.airportbycoach.com
There are currently roadworks on the Runcorn-Widnes bridge which have caused major delays around peak travel times so far this week. If you're driving to the airport allow plenty of extra time (say 2 hours extra). Off peak not much worse than usual. Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of a useful alternative during the peak, from North Wales you're stuck with the Mersey Tunnel and City Centre or from Cheshire it's Warrington town centre or the Thelwall Viaduct. Work is supposed to finish by beginning of next week.

Live cameras at http://www.halebank.com/WebCams/index.php - the traffic lanes nearest to the railway bridge are the ones heading to the airport.
The M62 route into the airport was fine the weekend before last.

John
Fog currently appears to be causing problems at John Lennon Airport, resulting in flights being delayed, cancelled or diverted to other airports such as East Midlands or Doncaster, with passengers being bussed to and from Liverpool Airport.

Anyone travelling in the immediate future should check the status of their flight before leaving home.

David :wave
Have to say that I told my wife there was no way we were paying the £3 charge for priority security checking as it is an absolute disgrace that the airport is making money out of security. But being a man of no principles and when we saw the queue I duly coughed the £12 for a family of 4 :)
Being from Glasgow we sensibly booked flights leaving from Liverpool,as it was cheaper. Flight coming back is arriving at near enough midnight, so im looking for parking with hotel stay at end, does anywhere do this as most seem to be hotel at start of holiday, any ideas?, thanks.
Hi Audbod

I think if you search using the Holiday Extras website they give you the option of when you need the car parking to commence

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/indexv2.html

hope this helps
RUNCORN BRIDGE

Weekend repair work for about next 6 weeks

Down to one lane both ways

Will add at least 45 mins to your journey if stuck in it

Better allow extra time!!!!
Thanks Becky, the earlier link given for the traffic cameras is now dead. Use http://www.halton.gov.uk/transport/haltononview.html - for views of the bridge, and specifically http://bridgecam3.halton.gov.uk/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=640x480 for traffic heading towards the airport (which is hidden by the tree!).

or even, http://bridgecam3.halton.gov.uk/view/index.shtml then load the add on and get a live stream to see how the traffic is flowing. Be warned, this may into your bandwith allowance so use sparingly!
Hi

any updates on the terminal re-development? and current completion date

cheers
Just read that the "Fast Lane" security option is closed during the redevelopment works. So thats £12 I wont have to worry about paying when we fly out on the 2nd August. No doubt all the security staff have been re-directed to the normal queue so we wont have to wait long :D
hi.....has anyone flown out of Liverpool airport with Ryanair recently......I am hoping to be doing just that in october...I will only be taking hand luggage.....will have checked in online and have printed out boarding passes.....can I go straight through security and board plane with these printed off paper boarding passes ....or do I need go to a desk somewhere and exchange the printed paper passes for the normal card ones..

Reason am asking is because recently flew from manchester with thomascook...checked in online ect and had the printed out boarding passes....but had them exchanged for the card ones at a check in desk only for passengers who had checked in online...I thought it was because I had hold luggage to be handed over....but it was because manchester airport has a barcoded security system now...and you cant get through to security with out scanning the barcode on the card boarding pass....and its only valid for that day/flight..

So whats the routine in Liverpool airport if you are flying with Ryanair and have the printed off paper boarding passes.....
Hi Tweetie

Promise I'm not stalking you on the forums :)

When you enter the airport, go straight upstairs and walk through the shop/cafe area.
Security is at the far end.
They will scan the barcode thing on your home printed boarding pass and then you go through security as normal.
Liverpool were strict on only one bag through security. If you buy anything airside then it must also go in your hand luggage when you go through the Ryanair boarding gate.

Never had a problem at Liverpool and we will be going through Liverpool with Ryanair again in october as well !

John
thanks for the info john.....we have used ryanair in liverpool once over 4yrs ago now..... but we had to check in then....what you said is bringing back some memories....so know where to head for now....so if you are hand luggage only and checked in online it wont matter about the 2hrs before flight rule if your running a bit late ....so 5am arrival at the airport should be OK for 6.30am flight? .....or will there be big queues at security..........or do you think the earlier the better as have read about queues for boarding the plane......I dont fancy having to stand in a que for a few hours with 2 teenage boys( am just taking the lad and a mate for a birthday treat to port adventura for 3nights...leaving hubby ect at home)......any gems of advice john ....also how early can you check in online....tweetie

ps stalking...thats my job....its nice you bother :cheers
Personally, I would go for the 2 hrs before.

Never had a big queue at Liverpool but I guess it just takes a couple to ring in sick.........
People always rush to the Ryanair gates so that they can be at the front of the queue and get the best seats. If you head there as soon as the gate is displayed then you should be fine. Don't forget that Ryanair have a 25 min turnaround so you won't be queing that long.

We always head towards the back of the plane as it tends to fill up slower. If you are walking to the plane (rather than an airbridge) then see if there are back steps up and use them.

You can check in 15 days before the flight so if you are only going for a few days then leave it until 15 days before your return and check in for both at the same time.

John.
We are travelling out of Liverpool via easyJet on 4th October.

I used the Airport's 'contact us' form to enquire about the current status of the Re-Development work. I received a nice and polite response after 48 hours telling me that the work is scheduled to be complete by 31st October.

Hope this helps other travellers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.