EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Expecting accommodation to be around 600€ per month I would say that 400€ would be your absolute minimum! This is from someone who earns 1000€ a month and only JUST lives on it!!!!!
Okay, Thank you!

What area are you living in for 600 Euro a month and is it a 1 bedroom apartment?
Oops, sorry, I'm in Lanzarote, not Tenerife :whoops I think the cost of living is higher here than Tenerife!
Not much different in Tenerife food may be slightly cheaper appartments vary according position & area probably fom 450 euros up frontline in a good area a lot dearer
To be honest I don't find the food [supermarket] much cheaper. Some things are cheaper but then other things are dearer so it works our pretty much the same as the UK.

Utility bills are a lot cheaper. I live in a three bed town house and here is a rough breakdown of our bills

Water - 13 euros per two months
Electric- 115 euros per two months [ everything in the house is electric]
Telephone line rental- 13.75 euros per month [whatever telephone company you go with you have to have the line from telephonica]
Internet & Phone bill - 45 euros per month
Basura [rubbish collection] 32 euros per six months

Hope this helps a bit, oh and remember petrol is only 89 cents a litre
But remember if you have to work wages are a lot lower PM me & I will put you in touch with more help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.