EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Karyn your electric and broadband are high!! compared to mine- Add to the list health insurance for family of 4 100% cover is 1100 GBP per year.
Well Bryn we only get one electricity bill a year out in the villages, we took readings the other week and went down to Tedas with them and they worked it out. It worked out as 808ytl for April to October and so for the purposes of this exercise I just doubled it.

I did actually think it was going to be more as we have had the pool pumps running 24/7 and the air cons were on all summer and we were using a lot of power tools and also I was using the dishwasher maybe twice a day and the washing machine every other day. So I don't think its too bad.

The broad band is 76ytl a month for the fastest I can get where we are. Turkey does have very high costs for ADSL and no competition but I would imagine it will go down.

Maybe the costs look high because I converted to sterling using the current lousy rate :-)

Hope you are well down there in the south!

Karyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.