Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Do you want an hotel or apartments ? Might help folks give you recommendations.

Not stayed in them myself but would think if you want a hotel, somewhere like the Paraiso Albuferia, or if Self Catering possibly the Brisa Sol.

There are lots of nice hotels and apartments all over the Algarve, but I think if you want lots of kids activities, pool tables etc you may need to book with one of the big Tour Operators who run things in the summer holidays as that is where other like minded families will probably be.

Think First Choice have opened one of their holiday villages on the Algarve and give both AI and SC options. It has its own thread on here.
I would like bed and breakfast, so deffinatly a hotel or apartment complex that offers this......thanks for that info i will look your recomendations up :tup
Hello Caza, we have stayed in the Hotel Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa twice and although we have there with no kids as they are grown up now this is a good 4* near to the Old Town and the Strip so you get the best of both worlds. There are some good restaurants near to the hotel as well as a KFC and Mc Donalds over the road if you like this sort of thing also near by are two super markets for all your bits and bobs. So if it is in your price range have a look at this hotel I think it is very good, we are trying its sister hotel in Tavira this year.

Dave.
We have just returned from Paraiso Abufeira and had a great time. You can do self catering, bed and breakfast, half board or all inclusive.

We were booked on self catering and would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Well equipped if you wish to self cater - we only done a light breakfast , otherwise ate out all the time. You have a fridge, ceramic hob and oven, microwave, toaster and plenty of pots and pans. Good hanging and drawer space.

The location is excellent. Its situated on a main road but 2 large supermarkets within a minutes walk. Modelo on the same side and Pingo Doce over the road. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. The hotel has a really nice pool area but also has an indoor pool and jacuzzi. There is a courtesy bus which takes you to the beach and old town (driver not very punctual). We regularly walked to the beach (roughly 15 mins) or into the Strip about the same. Taxi stance nearby. It costs 3.25 to go into either Strip or Old Town. Noddy train stops nearby as well outside the Brisal Sol hotel. Lots of nice restaurants but the hotel displays notices every day in reception and in the lifts with offers for meals and drinks. They have different theme nights e.g. Indian Chinese , Chicken and Ribs, Salad and Pasta and also Carvery Buffet . Also Happy Hours and other offers for drinks. Entertainment was okay.

If you have a studio you will face the main road. The studios dont get much sun til late in the day but the apartments overlook the pool and have sunshine all day long. Should mention that we thought the breakfasts were quite expensive in the hotel at around 8 euros (I think it was half for kids). Lots of places were doing english breakfast for around 3 - 4 euros. The bread sold in the nearby supermarkets was lovely and it would be easy to rustle up a simple breakfast in the apartments. Be careful though as you can pay £3.75 for a sliced loaf. We used to buy a good sized sliced loaf from Modelo at 68 cents and it was great for toasting.

We would definately return to the Paraiso.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.