Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi
Having been to LLoret several times over the last 11 years I would say the Guitart Central would be your best hotel for location. It is just up the street from the main town near to Texas bar if you know that or the Don Juan hotel. It has good pools and is nice however it does have 2 sides to it one been better than the other but i've stayed in both and survived. The side where the reception is seems better. The good thing is its about a 2 min walk and your near everything shops/ bars restaurants etc and the beach is less than 10 mins away. I'm going again in 6 weeks but staing at the royal beach in Fenals simply as it was cheaper but the Guitart would be my first choice every time if the price was right.

Hope this helps

Lee
thanks ....off to price them up now....maybe DIY will work out a bit cheaper
Are you sure the Guitart Central is a good hotel???it has abominable reviews......However its maily the food that's the gripe so perhaps a B+B option would be best.....Brilliant price though only £450 for the 2 of us in a standard room
Hi
Well for location it cant be faulted its literally a minute into the shops bars etc depending on how close you want to be. It has nice grounds and the pools are also very nice. With regards to the food the breakfast is ok but the evening meal may be limited but there is a good cafe just down the road called the copper kettle which does very nice reasonable food.
Like I said before there are two sides to this hotel. The side where the reception is that you check in at is definitely better with lamionate floors nice bathrooms etc whereas the side I stayed in last time was more basic but for the amount of time spent in the hotel this didnt bother me as it was just somewhere to sleep.
It is quite a popular hotel but again it is in such a good location its easy to see why. I guess it all depends what sort of holiday your after. I'm in my late 20's and like a good night out and a bit of craic and this hotel was quite lively during the day with people having fun but I wouldn't say been unruly or offensive.
Basically its what you make it but I would stay there every time if i could due to its proximity to everything and less of a walk to anywhere and this will be my 10th or 11th stay in Lloret this year although im in the Royal Beach due to price but its a heck of a long walk when you've had a few !

Anyway I'm rambling now.

Lee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.