Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
lloret should be fine for you. there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, but on the seafront there is the picadilly pub which has happy hour most nights and the orient express which is a very good restaurant. there is also a good mexican restaurant behind the town hall, just off the seafront.
there are plenty of bars and clubs all the way up the main street -moby's at the top is very good. you could also try texas bar which is very near the bunjee crane.
have fun.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated :tup

Will certainly look out for the places mentioned :)

Cheers
Mark
flights for 2p incl taxes :hols - how? where? when? who?
lost,
these are almost certainly ryanair flights to gerona.
i've booked a few of them myself, although my next 2 trips have cost me the extortionate amount of £20 return including taxes :)
Indeed I am flying with Ryanair :yikes

I am going with hand luggage only, online check in, unticked all their boxes which tried to get me to part with some cash and paid with Visa Electron as you don't have to pay a charge.

It was quite funny to see on my bank statement 'Ryanair 0.08', the price for me and 3 mates.

In fact Ryanair said if you contacted them they would actually give you this money back. Didn't look into it but no doubt it would have been an 0870 number at £1 a minute!!

But hey who can blame them for trying, People call them greedy but I've never got a flight with any other airline for 2p before so I'm more than happy with their greediness :)
Well we got back on Thursday night after a two-night stay in Lloret de Mar.
I was actually very impressed with the resort, I went with no real expectations and was very pleasantly surprised.
When you consider First Choice stopped operating to Lloret cos they claimed 'it hads it day', I was expecting it to be a lot more run down. The reality is its just as good as any mainland Spain resort.
I was also shocked at how busy the resort was, there were people of all ages and nationalities absolutely everyhere - the prom was rammed, the beach was quite busy, the bars were all busy - the resort really was thriving.
The Blau apartments were excellent value for money and I have no complaints at all. Ryanair were also excellent, again no complaints at all.

If I were to pick fault with Lloret then it would be for the following two reasons:-

1) During the evening in the main street running through Lloret they PR's are quite aggresive at trying the get you to stop and listen to them, the resort also seems to have lots of large groups which for some people I guess could feel a bit intimidating.
2) The price of drinks in the bars was above where they should be. 4euro a pint was very common and at a rate of 1.15 to the pound it was much dearer than home. I was only here for 2 days so not much of a problem but if you were here for a week or two it could end up being a very expensive holiday.
(The prices in Lloret were higher than any other Spanish resort I've been to which surprised me quite a lot)

The cheapest pint I saw was 2.75 euro in the Orient Express.

Overall though Lloret exceeded my expectations and if I got another good deal I would certainly have another short break again.

Mark757
Hello Mark!
My name is Sergio, I come from Latvia, Riga.
Just found the info about your short stay in Lloret de Mar.
Apart from that, would like to usk You more about appartment you have rented. Can you give a link or direct contact of that??
As I undestood from You, that it was rather good appartment... is it so../?

Regards,
Sergio
Hello Sergio,

Yes the apartments were good, although they only have a roof top swimming pool, don't know if this would bother you or not?

I booked the apartment through the following website:-

http://www.greatlatedeals.co.uk

Obviously its a UK based website but I guess you could still book on it from Riga, after all its only the apartment you are booking, not a complete package.

If you can't use this website then these are the details of the apartments.

Tel: (34) 972 37 27 59 Fax: (34) 972 37 00 69
http://www.marsolhotel.com/en/blau/inicio.php

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

All the best
Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.